The insurance company cancelled my policy, they have taken £405.81 for 28 days cover.

c333
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1424 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, firstly thanks for taking the time to read this.

I took out a motor-trade policy on 15/5/2020, the total annual premium was around £1,200. Everything was fine on the phone when i took the policy, i submitted the paperwork i agreed to on the phone and all was quiet.

A week or so later i received an email saying they have rejected my paperwork due to dates (my invoice dates had a gap due to a premises move prior to civid then covid),

I called them and explained i submitted what was agreed over the phone when they took the first £265.46. they said they dont care the documents need more recent dates.

On 9/6/2020 i received a recorded delivery letter, it was a recorded cancellation letter dated 5/6/2020 the policy has been cancelled by them on 12/6/2020.

22/6/2020 they take £106.18 from my bank.

I called them asking why they are taking more money and not refunding they tell me the policy wasn't cancelled on 12/6/20 it was cancelled 27/6/20?

i explained i received recorded letter and email, they didn't respond and repeated it was cancelled 27th,

i asked them to return the £101 and also return the rest minus the 28 days cover provided, i was then told i had to pay a cancellation fee (do i have to pay if they terminate contract?) and also the financer might not want to return the £101 and i needed to wait for the "payment rotation" and they would contact 7 days later, i waited, waited and heard nothing.

10/7/2020 £34.17 is taken from my credit card.

this means I have been charged £405.81 for 28 days cover. before interest rates and commissions etc the whole policy was around £850-900.

i have emailed them asking for their formal complaints procedure. and that's where I'm up to.

I hope my ramble makes sense, any advice on this matter would be a great help, thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance

contact your card provider and do a section 75 reclaim.

they are equally responsibly for the errors.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Which insurance company?

Presumably also the sums taken from your account were on a direct debit in that case you should invoke the direct debit guarantee and get your bank to refund the money immediately.

Insurance company of course will rise up in a fury – but let us know what they say. Phone up your bank today and challenge the direct debit immediately. Confirm it with your bank in writing.

You should record your calls. Read our customer services guide. It's extremely important

Motor Traders policy would be a business transaction, so not the same as a normal consumer contract.

Agree that you could contact your Bank to reject the transaction as it was processed without your authorisation and without any notice.

Ask the Insurers for a breakdown calculation explanation of cancellation charges

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I have been into the bank today and I’ve explained to them and shown paperwork to them, they took all info and it’s being sent over to investigation team or something, anyway sounded positive. called credit card too today but couldn’t stay on hold so try again tomo, I have emailed them and queried it on app but still want to call to make sure it’s being looked at. 

the company is One Sure insurance

13 hours ago, BankFodder said:

You should record your calls. Read our customer services guide. It's extremely important

I did start reading through info pages and will carry on, there’s a lot to go through 😅👍

thanks for all responses, I’ll keep updating as it advances, thanks again.

images/posts removed
please do not post jpg picture images directly to a post
read upload and redact in jpg then convert using on of the listed websites there to convert to one multipage pdf only

that way only logged-in, registered and approved caggers are the only ones that can download and see them
else anyone can see them caggers or not.

and please redact them properly

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...