2017 Father wanted holiday vaccinations from GP - closed - went to chemist - given flu jab - 3yrs later father has dementia

Purpleflowers 2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1436 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Your father went to the chemist, explained that he was going to XXXXXX in the Middle East, and asked the chemist to give him whatever the required vaccinations are for such a journey (because his GP was too busy) and instead, the chemist gave him a 'flu' jab? 

How does your father know this? 

Did the chemist say "Sorry - I haven't got the required jabs for XXXXXX, but I'll give you a 'flu' jab instead."  

Why didn't your father say "No.  I don't want a 'flu' jab.  I want a travel vaccination for XXXXXX in the Middle East"?

Sorry if I sound sceptical, but I'm a former NHS manager and I find it difficult to believe that a registered pharmacist in the community would do that.

Of course if they had, I'd be complaining to their professional body.  And if they injected your father with a 'flu' jab without his consent, I'd say they'd committed an assault.

Concerning any links between 'flu' jabs and dementia, I'm afraid I know nothing.

EDIT  Cross-posted with Ethel Street.  I too find it difficult to believe there's any connection - otherwise we wouldn't be advising older people to get a 'flu' jab, would we?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...