TMB REPOSSESSION

rijohughes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1496 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

TMB took me to court to repossess a buy to let property I own. We went in to court and I explained that I had found a good tenant and would hopefully like to keep the property, I explained that the mortgage of £543 pcm would be given straight to TMB directly through the tenants rent payments.

This was agreed by the solicitors representing TMB. The judge explained that as long as I paid the mortgage repayments there was no chance of TMB repossessing the property.

I explained that as the rent was £600 pcm I would pay the full £600 to TMB thus reducing the arrears.

The judge stated that he would only put down the monthly mortgage payment and if I wanted to pay the extra that was fine.

I continued to pay this until September 2018 when I was was contacted by TMB who stated the interest rate had gone up and I was £35 in arrears and the payment was now £635 pcm. I paid the difference and took steps to make sure this didn't happen again.

I was also sent a letter in late September 2018 stating that I hadn't kept to the possession order and I was in a large amount of arrears. I telephoned them and was told there were two different orders, one to pay the monthly payment of £535 and one to pay £600 pcm. As I was paying the £600 the second amount of £535 was to be paid alongside of the other. I explained that there was only one court order and I had fully complied.

I was passed from one department to another whilst being told "it was an easy mistake to make" but the amount needed to be cleared.

I have been chased for the outstanding "arrears" and have had companies visit my tenant explaining the property was to be repossessed.

I have also been made to pay £185 on top of the  rent payment to reduce the arrears I owed from before we went to court. all under the priviso that the property was to be repossessed

I have kept to the judges order but have found TMB to be  acting against the judges order.

What if any are my next steps?

Thanks

Do you have the written copy of the order from the court which should have been sent to you after the court hearing?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.