style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3842 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received same letters from same solicitors since August. I am in the process of dealing with it.

I have done reasonable amount of research into legal cases involving this Palmer Biggs and Ebay however no one have confirmed of the outcome after ignoring the letter. Anyone have any new updates?

• 1 month later...

My case have been settled after numerous letters and emails exchanges. I have bargained the money they ask for from 500 to 200GBP on the condition this is the final settlement and no liability against me. They edited the undertakings to what i asked for and i signed it. Havent heard from them ever since.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi babypanda, thanks for your update and sharing the information, and glad to hear that your matter is now settled. I am also trying to negotiate with them, please can you kindly share the final undertaking that you signed as I am not sure to what extent and content I should ask them to amend the undertaking before I could sign it without liability. I would appreciate if you can kindly provide me your email address so that we can exchange information there?? as I am really panic now and worry about this matter every day.

Thanks in advance!

well i didnt want to risk getting sued by a law firm, even now i am still not so sure whether the product i sold is genuine or not, but i never did sell it under the brands' name.

Maybe I should have taken the 'ignore' approach but I cant seen to find convincing evidence / feedback this is what I should do.

Good luck to all of you who is in the same situation as i was in.

unfortunately i cant send a private message to you for some reason. Any other ways?

Hello there. Advice is normally best kept on the open forum. You can't send a PM to another CAGger until you have 30 posts.

Please don't correspond off forum because you have no idea who people are on the internet. If there are details you want to discuss that can't be on this thread, it may be possible for the site team to act as intermediary, but this isn't often necessary. I certainly wouldn't be giving out my contact details.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

And certainly not to a poster that has been here 5 weeks with 5 posts.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

my apologies if I have broken any rules on the forum. I shall post it out here in the open.

From the undertakings I was asked to provide various details, I am sure you guys have similar undertakings from the same firm.

this is basically what i wrote in my letter to them:

'I will only comply with b) and d) as stated in the undertakings. I will only sign the undertakings on the basis that it will be amended to reflect the points I am willing to comply with.

I am offering an ex gratia payment of £200 as a final settlement of this claim on a no admission of liability basis.'

of coz you have to explain and justify why you cannot comply i.e. provide details of supplier or surrender remaining stocks. In my case I cannot surrender any stocks because there was none left as it was a one off purchase which the items i purchased was genuine.

Edited by babypanda
typo

well i didnt want to risk getting sued by a law firm, even now i am still not so sure whether the product i sold is genuine or not, but i never did sell it under the brands' name.

Maybe I should have taken the 'ignore' approach but I cant seen to find convincing evidence / feedback this is what I should do.

Good luck to all of you who is in the same situation as i was in.

I have the same thought as don't want to take risks, however they don't seem willing to settle for a smaller amount but suggest installments. I certainly cannot afford to pay what they are demanding for. Did you provide them sold quantity, profit figure etc. in the undertakings? They said they need that to figure out a settlement amount, in addition to the 1000 legal fees they asking for.

Hi babyPanda,

Thanks for sharing the details. They declined my offer and said I can pay their demanded fees by installments...did they turn down your offer initially??

No they didnt decline my offer, they accepted it straight away, how much did you try to bargain it to? If its too low maybe you can try a higher offer.

I would suggest you look into your ebay selling records and see if they have purchased any of your good (if its counterfeit).

I did not provide any other information as I was unable to do so. ebay have erased my selling records.

No they didnt decline my offer, they accepted it straight away, how much did you try to bargain it to? If its too low maybe you can try a higher offer.

I would suggest you look into your ebay selling records and see if they have purchased any of your good (if its counterfeit).

I did not provide any other information as I was unable to do so. ebay have erased my selling records.

How could I check? I can only search/trace sales record by an email address or a buyer ID/name, and I wouldn't know what name/id they used to buy (if they bought any)?

Also Ebay only keep selling records for a few months? I can only see the records for the last few months. did you mean the same when you say ebay erase your selling records? Thanks!