Wescot / Natwest - "Agreement Unavailable"

spurious
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Out of the blue, I've received a letter from Wescot regarding an alleged account in my name for Natwest. Given I haven't lived in the UK for years and have no financial relationship with any organisation there, it can't be legit. So I've requested further information.

Today, I received a letter from Wescot (via a UK post box that opens and scans my mail to me) stating that Natwest cannot provide an agreement, because this relates to a current account (seemingly an overdraft). Instead, Wescot state that they have asked Natwest for "statements" and will forward those upon receipt.

While the statements will be interesting, they surely can't form the basis to pursue me for a debt, can they? That would require a credit agreement, signed by me, with terms that mean I'm liable.

Any idea how to respond here?

Lets see what statements they send you....if they are on original NW letterheads and in your name and address...then we will go from there.

Are they writing to you outside the UK ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 months later...

I've now received the documents Wescot have sent me.

They consist of:

• 39 pages of transaction statements
  • A request to apply a signature to a bank record
  • A 'New Account Sanctioner Checklist', which appears to be an internal form
  • A 'Completion checklist', which also appears to be an internal form
  • An 'Account Opening Form'
  • Two photocopies of identification documents
  • Nine blank pieces of paper

There is no copy of a signed agreement to any terms whatsoever, let alone a credit agreement.

Wescot consider my 'query' resolved on account of several pages of transactions and threaten that debt collection will now resume.

• fkofilee changed the title to Wescot / Natwest - "Agreement Unavailable"
44 minutes ago, fkofilee said:

Dont respond - Let the forest come... 

Wescot dont do anything so youll be alright... Imagine Wet Toilet Paper - Completely Useless...

You think it's better not to do anything at all? Rather than point out they haven't provided any proof of liability?

Do they have evidence of you living outside the UK ?

It might be worth just sending Wescot a letter stating that you are resident in X country and have not resided in the UK since xx/xx/xxxx.  If you have a copy of any document stating you are living at a foreign address, you could enclose a copy.

They cannot really do much ( as too expensive to pursue), but if these debt companies get a sneaky CCJ in your absence because they did not have any proof you were resident outside of the UK, then they might use the CCJ to ramp up pressure on you.  For example Commonwealth countries are covered by legislation allowing foreign Court judgements to be enforced in each others courts.  

When did you last make a payment towards the overdraft debt ?

How did you sign up to the Natwest current account and in what year ?  

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

1 hour ago, spurious said:

You think it's better not to do anything at all? Rather than point out they haven't provided any proof of liability?

Not unless you wish to enter into pointless letter tennis about something they can not do anything with anyway.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi

I agree, in this case, just ignore.

Generally there is no agreement for an overdraft in any case, so good look to them in finding one. 

I dont know how old the OD is, or if you have had a final demand before, but In the case of a bank OD, the Statute Bar runs from  the date the bank sent its first demand for full repayment.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Just ignore it! I’ve got form with Natwest overdrafts  and moving abroad. They won’t do anything..

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

you've been here +12yrs and you still panic when powerless DCA's send a threat-o-gram..esp wetcloths...:pound:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...