Frozen bank account

Russty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1527 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The scenario you describe (both the pattern of cash AND the 'won't communicate), is compatible with if you've triggered an anti-money laundering alert.

If so, they'll have 2 competing pressures:

a) your complaints (including any about lack of communication)

b) the anti-money laundering regulations, which will include the criminal legislation, which includes 'tipping off' as an offence.

If this AML, I'd not be surprised that they aren't responding to you, rather than facing jail for saying "ohh, yes, you've triggered an anti-money laundering alert".

https://www.cms-lawnow.com/aczone/money-laundering/offences-under-poca/tipping-off-offences

(Obligatory statement to protect me and CAG: I have no direct knowledge of your situation, but am making assumptions and suggestion based on the publicly available facts on existence of anti-money laundering legislation.)

Edited by BazzaS
  • Like 1

Better to wait it out, or if you HAVE to open another account: use only basic banking functions and no large sums, otherwise it just looks more suspicious for another AML alert.....

• Thanks 1