NEXT removed default

ecobabe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just got word today that next have removed default. they were really nice about it!! i don't owe them any money and to be honest i didn't really have a bad payment record with them, I had missed a couple of payments and wrote to them to say that I would pay £xx the following week which was £30 less than the total owed( i wanted to keep account open). i duly did this but when i phoned to make the payment i was told that it had been passed to a dca, i queried this but accepted it. i found out later that i had been defaulted as well. I paid remaining £30, wrote to them asking for copy of notice, received a letter saying they didn't have original loan agreement(!). i phoned to ask why they sent this and they were really helpful. woman called Paula in their collections dept said that she couldn't understand why they had defaulted account when she could see correspondence and asked me to fax a copy of bank statement with payment on it, which I did. Apparently some payments had gone missing at their end. anyway upshot of this is that she did a "pink paper recall" and removed the default immediately and reinstated account!!

so anyone in a similar situation could perhaps try this, I have to say that Paula in the collections department was really helpful and pleasant about this.

• 11 months later...

I think other people who have dealt with her would disagree

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

:D

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

:rolleyes:

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

:rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

Hi having dealt with most of my debt issues with the support of this forum, i am helping a friend at the moment who is paralysed by the whole thing. She had a next account fell into arrears due to having her hours cut at work, she wrote to them and offered to pay £10 per month for next 6 months until she was in full employment again. they ignored this and carried on with letters, then they wrote to say that her offer was unacceptable. We sent CCa request away and to date they had not complied and its now 7 weeks, they did send her a statemnet crediting the £1 payment to her account so we know that they got request. anyway we sent another letter from this forum last week reminding them of default. Today a letter arrived with a completely blank agreement, its a proforma with no personal details at all. they state that under s 78 of CCA a true copy need not be an exact copy as long as it contains every material provision of the agreemnet, so it doesn't need to have non statutory info, ie signature boxes. also that they do not need to supply a signed copy of the agreemnet due to section 3(2) 0f Consumer Credit (cancellation notices & copies of documents)regulations.

now i know that they can get round supplying agreement with copy signatures due to other legislation, but can they simply supply a blank proforma agreement? friend is sure she didn't ever sign agreemnet and has had account since ~ 2004. Would a DPSAR force them to produce docs. as i say we don't think they've got one, so not particulary worroed by their threat other than they are continuing with entering default on her credit file. when I tackled next in 2006 for myself they were not nearly so aggressive. any thought?