Debt - Default date

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1607 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am trying to help a friend of mine find out when she can have a debt removed from her credit file.

Because the original debt was so long ago (card taken out early 2013) she's a bit vague on the details but is pretty sure it was an Aqua card and that she defaulted pretty quickly on the payments, moved soon after and never paid another payment.  She would get occasional emails but nothing aggressive or threatening with court etc so didn't engage with them.

In 2018 she noticed a default for the debt (£6k) was registered by Cabot and came up on her credit file.  My question is - should her 6 years start from when she actually defaulted on payments (2013) or when the debt management company registered it?  

If it's the former then is it worth her getting details of debt (which means engaging) and having it wiped from her record?  She has none of the original paperwork now and her credit report just shows the amount with absolutely no detail whatsoever.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give.

Hi there and welcome to CAG

I would start by sending a SAR to Aqua or the Original creditor to get all the data details and find the true default date if it was recorded around 2013.Once you have this information then you can look at why it was or wasn't recorded with the credit agencies and why Cabot have recorded it 5 years later.

The default date should be recorded from when her first missed contractual payment date + 2/3 months +14 days.

Andy

Thread moved to  Data Protection and Default Issues Forum.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

you might find reading this thread interesting and informative

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...