Money all in Ltd company - need to take it but on UC

Jaybee in CF
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1668 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, 

I need to get out some earnings from a previous (self)employment but I don't want to be hit with the taper. 

I'm on an overdraft but that is getting short. 

I should in hindsight have paid myself all of it at the start but due to cashflow couldn't. 

Is it possible to suspend my claim for a few days while I pay this? 

It's not enough to take me over the 6k threshold but it is better than running on empty.  

Cheers all !

You cannot suspend UC claim.

You can phone UC to close the claim.

Once it is closed, you can if required make a brand new UC claim ( via Gov.uk) at a later date, but would need to use a different email address for the new claim to stop it being treated as a reclaim of the previous claim.

If you use same email address linked to previous claim and it is treated as a reclaim (within 6 months of old claim closing), it will be using same assessment period as it was.  So you could end up having the earnings considered in the reclaim, that you seem to want to be ignored.

Just in case it applies. If you have LCW or LCWRA on current claim, if you close the claim and then reclaim or make a new claim, you would no longer receive the LCW/LCWRA award and would have to go through a work capability assessment.

Hope this makes sense.  Closing claim and making brand new claim at a later date is only option of not having this old self employed earnings drawn down considered.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Many thanks mate, I'll do exactly that. 

Just infuriating that with PAYE employment they'll happily wait until whenever your previous employer pays your final wages but with SELF employment you get hit with a damn taper.  Staggeringly unfair and needs to be challenged imo.