Ryan Air Flight Delay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1676 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning,

I would appreciate some advice if possible.

Daughter was recently returning from Alicante to Leeds Bradford with Ryan Air and her flight was delayed for just over 5 hours.

I accept the weather around Alicante that night was very bad, and many flights delayed, also Ryan Air were very forthcoming with letters confirming the length of the delay advising the passengers this was to assist them with claims via their travel insurers.

I assume from this that Rayan Air will claim the bad weather constitutes exceptional circumstances and they are not liable to pay compensation.

Only thing is during the time my daughter was delayed Ryan Air had other flights returning to the UK which took off on time, in fact my daughter and other passengers were made to vacate the gate where they were waiting to allow one of these flights to board.

Basically, is it worth submitting a compensation claim or would I be wasting everyone’s time?

Many thanks

Nosnibor

"THE CAG IS MY SHEPHERD I SHALL NOT PAY": :lol:

did she have insurance? of so claim from that first.

If not yes, claim and see what they say. Ryanair think the law doesnt apply to them anyway so dont expect them to fall over themselves in the rush to pay up.

Read up on what are exceptional circumstances, volcanoes in Iceland werent. Bad weather is but you have already said that flights were leaving Alicante so delays due to planses being in the wrong palce AFTER bad weather event wont win them the get out og jail free card