Notice Period shortened by company

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1691 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all

I wonder if anyone can help me.

I have a contract which states that I need to give 3 months notice. I gave notice to my employer (with the knowledge I would have 3 months to find a new role) - as my relationship with my manager has broken down and I'm aware she has very close friends in HR (no solution for me there to stay).

My contract does state they only need to give one month's notice.

They have come back and said it's only a month and I leave in 4 weeks.

Are they allowed to do that after I gave them my notice? I believe they are doing this as it will put a bit of pressure on me as I will have no income (might be paranoia but all actions this year indicate I'm right to be suspicious).

Any guidance would be most appreciated.

You gave them date you were leaving on so you will be expected to work until them and get paid until then. If they want you to leave sooner then they should pay you gardening leave. If they are basically dismissing you with notice then they need to have followed the proper procedures to do so.

I would make noises about taking this much further and see if they offer you a settlement that falls between the 2 stools