Car seized

Salimo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1736 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys and girls 
I need some help but only comment if you’re willing to help no silly comments plz

Police seized my car last Sunday saying that it has a marker on it and told me that the person who I bought it from used stolen credit card ,

I have had the car since March 19 and have full log book in my name and insurance and I even run the car check online and all cane up clean ,

now every time I call the police they tell me that they don’t have much information and the officer dealing with the case is off for a week and the car might go back to the previous owner 

- where do I stand here ,

it’s seems like I’m the one paying back the previous owner instead of catching the person who did the deed and make him pay

Assuming that when you say that 'person who I bought it from used stolen credit card' this was in order to acquire the vehicle, it is essentially a stolen vehicle. Please confirm this. Also can you answer the following:-

a) From/where, by what means did you buy the vehicle. ie dealer, private advert, gumtree, ebay, motor auction. Depending upon the circumstance, the vehicle may well now belong to an insurance company.

b) How did you pay, cash, cheque (yes some people use them), bank transfer, debit card, credit card, through a finance company.

If you think that you are getting the run-around from the police, ask for the local Inspector who should be able and willing to find out the circumstances for you. Try to stay calm, being confrontational will not help get answers.

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

my reading of this is that the car had a marker on it for the previous owner using a stolen credit card for other fraud purposes, not that he bought the car with a stolen credit card. If one assumes that the person you bought it from had possession of it for more than a day or so then it would have flagged up on any database.

this makes the seizure as explained an abuse of authority so you need to dig deeper into this and determine what exactly was the reason it was seized and under what powers was it executed.

If it was indeed bought with a stolen credit card then yes, it will go back to its lawful owner and you will have to sue the person who sold it to you. His prosecution for fraud and theft is separate from this action