Another Exercise4less/Harlands Query

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1751 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been a member of exercise4less for about 2 years now. 

About a year ago I stopped using the gym as I thought I'd only signed up for 12 months,

I've recently discovered I'd actually been paying £11.99 a month via direct debit

since I hadn't been using the gym for at least 12 months just cancelled it immediately.

I then received a email from harlands group requesting I set up my direct debit again and pay them 11.99 for august as well as an additional £25 admin fee.

I've read a couple of the letters people have written on here to send to Harlands group but I'm not very confident with this sort of stuff so was just wondering if someone could help me draft a letter to send to them in my specific case. 

many thanks 

look at your original DD mandate you signed if you can?

pers I would phone your bank and demand the last 12mts DD back under the DD guarantee as I expect you didn't authorise any payments outside of 12mts.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I don't think I can claim the money back from my bank because I agreed to paying the £11.99 a month on DD and should of read the terms and conditions better as I agreed to pay 11.99 for the first 12 months, and it did say after the first 12 months they would continue taking payments. 

I don't really think it's worth my time trying to reclaim this money.

What I do wish to do though is not to end up a sitauation which they can legally hold anything against me.

I have copied and edited a letter that I found the forums and edited for myself just wondering if this is ok to send them.

Dear Harlands,

I refer to my membership at Xercise4Less gym in Nottingham
I have cancelled my Direct Debit mandate and now realise that I did not provide 30 day’s notice needed.
I therefore offer to pay the outstanding £11.99 for the notice period.
I will pay no administration or cancellation fees and no further membership amounts as I have relocated to over 100 miles away from the gym.
If you confirm in writing that you will accept the amount of £11.99 in full settlement of all that I owe, I will pay you promptly.
If you fail to accept my offer within 14 days or you demand any higher amount, I will pay you nothing and my offer will be withdrawn.

Yours Sincerely,

yep that will do.

there is nothing 'legally' they can do to you.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Fellwalker and welcome to CAG

Did you move away like the letter says ?

If you don't want to reclaim the DD's for the last year, I understand. The T&C's will have obliged you to 12 months m/ship but then rolled on monthly so, all you had to do was give 1 month's notice to leave.

Have a read of this guide so you understand how to do things better next time - https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/383678-cancelling-your-gym-agreement-get-it-right/

If Harlands fail to accept your offer, simply ignore them from then onwards but keep us posted.

😎

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi FW,

Moving away is not relevant to the issue so I would leave out this part of the sentence - "..... and no further membership amounts as I have relocated to over 100 miles away from the gym."

If the letter has already gone, that's fine.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)