NPower - Years of problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1739 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm sure that you have read enough on the site to realise the many people have problems with this company and we are always happy to try and do our best to help you with them.

I suggest that the best thing to do is to lay out your story in a bullet pointed chronology without too much narrative so that we can understand your situation, ask you relevant questions and start to advise you on the way forward.

• Like 2

You have clearly had a lot of difficulties in your life and this has caused many problems.

however in order for us to assist you, we're going to need a proper bullet point chonology. I'm very sorry but there is too much narrative here and although I can see that it is very important you personally. It is very unhelpful in trying to understand the story.

please could you set it out again but this time avoid the narrative. We simply can't handle it

• Like 1

I'm sorry to say but your story still makes very little sense to us.

I've run this past the rest of the site team and I'm afraid that they tend to agree.

We are going to try and do our best to help you but first of all we really do have to understand the story – and to begin with you should understand very thoroughly that we are no friends of Npower.

I'm going to try and summarise what I understand of your case from the Npower letter which you have posted up yesterday.

1. In 2012 you believed that your account was being billed inaccurately.
  2. There was a balance of £1498.91 and you consider that this was wrong
  3. you contacted Npower in 2013 and they said that the billing was accurate
  4. Npower said that the size of the sum owed was due to the fact that you had been making underpayments up until this time
  5. eventually you paid £500 so that the balance was £998.91
  6. Npower suggested an instalment plan
  7. despite this you continue to pay instalments but at a lower rate than they wanted and no instalment plan was put into place
  8. this would mean that your account according to Npower was continuing to fall more seriously into arrears
  9. Npower put you into their collections department which means that they started adding charges
  10. you then claimed that the electricity metre was faulty
  11. Npower undertook to test the meter and Sue Npower's own fault there was a delay and this only occurred in October 2015
  12. according to Npower, that his show that the meter was performing correctly
  13. Npower apparently have reversed at least some of the late payment charges which were applied to your account
  14. at February 2019, and power say that you owed them £2295.18 p
  15. you have pay them £140 so that the outstanding balance at 15 April was £2155.18 p

please will you tell me if you agree with the above summary and if there is anything that you disagree with, please would you very simply tell us which paragraph number you disagree with and why you disagree with it.

Please keep it short. No narrative. You're hurting your own chances if you carry on with this extensive narrative. I'm very sorry to say this and I don't want to be hurtful to you.

Now I would like to turn to the ombudsman.

I understand that you complaint to the ombudsman but I am not aware that you have told us what your complaint was about.

Please will you post up here without any comment the letter that you sent to the ombudsman or the copy of the complaint you made the ombudsman.

Secondly, please would you post up here without any comment the written decision that you received from the ombudsman.

Maybe we can go forward from here.

I'm very sorry that if you don't address the points that I'm raising then I think that I will have to withdraw from this thread. I'm not sure that I have ever said that before.

You say that the points which I have set out in my post number 16 are all Npower lies. I can well believe it, but what I need to know is what your version is. So it would be enormously helpful if you would give a one-liner under each point in red to tell me what you say.
I'm sure that you are doing your best but actually this is becoming very hard work.

In 2012 you believed that your account was being billed inaccurately.

• This is true/untrue – because…

There was a balance of £1498.91 and you consider that this was wrong

• this is true/untrue – because…

you contacted Npower in 2013 and they said that the billing was accurate

Npower said that the size of the sum owed was due to the fact that you had been making underpayments up until this time

eventually you paid £500 so that the balance was £998.91

Npower suggested an instalment plan

despite this you continue to pay instalments but at a lower rate than they wanted and no instalment plan was put into place

this would mean that your account according to Npower was continuing to fall more seriously into arrears

Npower put you into their collections department which means that they started adding charges

you then claimed that the electricity metre was faulty

Npower undertook to test the meter and Sue Npower's own fault there was a delay and this only occurred in October 2015

according to Npower, that his show that the meter was performing correctly

Npower apparently have reversed at least some of the late payment charges which were applied to your account

at February 2019, and power say that you owed them £2295.18 p

you have paid them £140 so that the outstanding balance at 15 April was £2155.18 p

Now once again to move to the ombudsman's letter, you say that you are unable to do this because you have no technology which will allow it.

I don't at all understand because you have managed to reproduce very well the letter which you received from Npower.

• Like 1

What about all the rest?

And I still don't understand why you can't reproduce the ombudsman letter