Criminal using my daughters address

altcr
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1811 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am wondering if anyone can help me or direct me to a template letter. My daughter received a court letter,  she opened it not even checking who it was addressed to.

It was addressed to a male who she has never heard of and was a letter detailing sexual offences  and giving a date for a court appearance!

She was horrified that someone was using her address and rang the police who told her to ring the court. The police said that they may visit her to check that he doesn't live there, even though she told them that she lives with her son and has done for 10 years. We have googled the offenders name and have no clue who he is or why he has chosen my daughters address. What we do kno3w is that he is a serial offender.

My daughter is going to write to the court but she's  very worried. Clearly the man will not be at court as he hasn't got the letters! a warrant will be issued and she is worried that she will come home from work to find her door kicked in. My grandson is only 10 and obviously she's concerned for him too.

Any advice would be appreciated

A very odd story indeed.

I think I would start off by writing a letter to the court – sent recorded delivery – and also a letter to the police. You need to make sure that you have a paper trail for this.

Who is the sender of the letter? Is it the CPS? Send them a letter as well – recorded delivery. I'm not quite sure what else to suggest but may be somebody else will come along with other ideas. But anyway send the letters I have suggested whatever happens

Thank you for your reply, it is very odd indeed. We have googled all weekend and cannot link him to anyone she even knows. The letter is from the courts, it mentions about bail being granted following him being sectioned under the mental health act. States that he has a court appearance on 4th July and a warrant will be issued  if he does not attend. More letters have arrived over the weekend.

Thread moved to General Legal Issues Forum.....please continue to post here.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread