Sold Student Loans (2013 onward's) = Erudio = CCJ

R_A
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1821 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having Issues with Erudio too :-( 

In brief:

- A CCJ against me 

- I've changed address a few times

- They 'may have' sent post to old addresses

- 2014 wage slip had payments taken automatically via HMRC 

Q1) Is there a dedicated free legal adviser to help all past students deal with Erudio?

Q2) Can a joint group of past students with similar issues write to the financial ombudsman?

Q3) So many threads, is there a way to analyse the data about Erudio issues and pin point a pattern, so far I can gather Erudio has targeted home movers and 'maybe' sent letters?

No

no

you moved.

you didnt advise all your creditors of the moves

you got a backdoor ccj

unless you didnt defer or didnt pay (but you did) in the 6yrs prior to the ccj there is no wriggle room here

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have a final response letter, this has been going on since Jan 2019, so feeling stressed & tired 

My partner believe's I did update my address, this would have been sent via post to the SLC in 2015, I have no proof.

In 2015 we had relocated to a cheaper part of the country to avoid becoming homeless and try take control of our debts.

We were already dealing with Tax Credit over payments of £3800+ and living in a run down property, so much going on at one time its difficult to remember everything 3-4 years down the line.

I have Questions in regards to Erudio's response and listed some paragraphs from letter below:

-  'Wage slips showing automatic payments' 

-  'Request for full break down of loan to make sure it belongs to me'

(the letter I did receive from Erudio had an Irish postcode instead of the UK one, hence questioning who's loan it is)

Quote from Erudio:

"I can confirm that the payment you made in 2014 was not paid to Erudio. If it was taken automatically this would have been SLC. If you are looking to query this further, please contact them directly. You may also want to speak to Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) about this."

"Erudio took over the administration of your loan in 2014 so we would not be able to view this payment. You have advised in your email dated the 21st April 2019 that the paperwork that was sent did not contain a full break down of your loans. I am unable to see where you have previously requested this. I have included a breakdown of your 3 loans within this letter. This clarifies the amount that was taken out, the current principle balance and any fees and charges that may have been applied." 

"With regards to your comments about information not being readily available online about the student loans going onto your credit file or a CCJ being obtained, I have reviewed our website. Under the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section it gives you information regarding us potentially reporting the account to your credit file. Whilst I appreciate there is not information on our website about further legal action, this is held within your terms and conditions under Governing Law. I’ve enclosed copies for your records."

end quote

Q1) The email reply doesn't contain the breakdown of the loan they are asking for, how do I gain this proof?

Q2) Should I be contacting HMRC / SLC when SLC have already stated Erudio is my point of contact?

Q3) The CCJ was sent to an old address so I couldn't challenge it, and the email reply doesn't have any attachments showing copies of the terms and conditions, what should I do?

Suggest that you send off 2 Subject Access Requests (SAR).  1 to SLC and 1 to Erudio.

Gather all of the information and see what you can find out that may or may not help you.

Always your responsibility to keep a list of creditors/interested parties and when you move address, to make sure they have your current address by writing to them or using any online personal information update facility.

What seems to have happened, is that when Erudio took over loans in 2014, a lot of people for one reason or another stopped making payments or stopped deferring. Over recent years Erudio ( via Drydens solicitors) have taken these to court, with court claims going to last address on their records. They don't have to search credit records for a new address and can send the claims to the last address a debtor notified them of.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

cant see the point of why you have contested these CCJ's

even if you got them set aside by proving they knew correct address]

you still need a defence for why you don't owe the loans..

I cant see one.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

waste of time

and they

It never is a waste of time. The agencies have an legal obligation to investigate every dispute. They go and tell them you have a query and that they should correct it before reporting it. They have 30 days to get back to you with a response. 

I have had a CCJ completely deleted from my credit report before so I know it is possible.

• Like 1

the courts under the public register section put the CCJ's there

the CRA's have no control over that unless you can prove with a letter from say Northants bulk that there is no such CCJ.

what makes you think this CCJ is erroneous? 

• Like 1

and they

feeling a bit overwhelmed with a variety of feed back, not ignoring replies just need to absorb what is being sent back

what were the CCJ's for? if your income was below a certain threshold you dont pay the loan back so it begs the question did you inform them that your finances had changed as well as telling them you had moved?

thwe debt wont disappear but they may have had no cause for action as it wasnt due at ther time. Worth looking into and a set aside will cost you nothing if you are on a limited income so not necessarily a waste of time if you have something else to say in your defence

• Like 1