bought a car from seller on ebay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1805 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry to be blunt, but very very rarely i have seen a 18 year old car without a leak.

That doesn't mean the engine is cooked, in fact trying to fix the leak and opening the engine to replace seals, might result in many more problems. 

I live with a drip every so often and a working engine.

18 yo cars are considered scraps in today's market.

• 3 weeks later...

⁸Even if this vehicle was being sold by a Rolls Royce garage, it's still an old banger valued at scrap money in the open market.

Expecting a faultless vehicle would be very optimistic.

Certainly the vehicle must be roadworthy, so no brakes would be a problem,  but worn brakes would not, as long as the car stops within accepted standard.

Same for clutch, small leaks (which are absolutely normal on an old engine), air con not at sub zero temperature, some rip in the seats, some dents in the body, etc.

The fact is that the neighbour has gambled on a car and the gamble unfortunately did not pay off.

I and many others have gambled with old bangers in our days, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

I won a couple of times and lost once, that's the nature of gambling. 

If you want a faultless vehicle buy a new one or a used one from a real dealer with a real reputation and real warranty in case things go wrong. 

Old banger=gambling.

• Like 1

Not acceptable, but to be expected.

He is the typical car trader throwing some bait out there and hoping for a fat fish to get hooked.

If they sell 1 vehicle a month they're better off than hard working working class people.

It's all risk free.