is this cca enforceable?

linz2011
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5957 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi guys - I have recieved a very official letter from a solictors called Brachers based in Maidstone advising they are going to pursue my AMEX in court - am i right to ignore this based on the agreement they sent is not executed (they have not signed it) should I advise them of this or just simply file it ?

Here you go one for the sols:

edita as needed.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your Ref : xxxxx

Your Client : XXXX

I refer to your letter of xx/xx/2007, which was received today.

Frankly, I am surprised of the need to remind a firm of solicitors about the terms and conditions surrounding my Consumer Credit Agreement request (Consumer Credit Act, 1974); received by XX DCA XX on xx/xx. I can only assume therefore that they failed to inform you.

Should your client now persist with threats of legal action as stated in your letter, I will welcome the opportunity for a judge to look at several offences committed by XXX DCA XX under The Consumer Credit Act, 1974, as well as your client’s non-compliance with and total disregard for the law on this occasion.

Yours faithfully,

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

• 3 months later...

It's really up to you whether you respond or not. Ultimately if they want to take you to court they will (although they probably don't). If they take you to court they will lose based on the documents that they have provided. RBS sols threatened to make me bankrupt and force the sale of my home a few weeks before they completely crumbled.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.