Me vs Them ###won###

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right, I've had my court date for 2 weeks now and keep putting off calling the lit dept (daft I know, esp having read the Barclays Litigation Team Good or Evil? You Decide.. thread).

So I am going to call today/tomorrow. I have a few questions:

When I call will I be prompted to give my account number or my court claim number, or do I just ask for the person dealing with my claim?

Do I ask for them to settle straight away or do I go along the lines of I assume you have recieved notice of the court date bla bla bla...would you like to settle

Are they likely to offer to settle?

I recently read a thread of a successful claim and it contained a sample text of what to say when you speak to them. I can't find the thread anymore. Could someone direct me to a similar post?

Thanks guys, I know I'm being a big wimp but I want to get my head straight before I call them and mess things up!!

Simon

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its cool, found the thread. Read through it and will be calling just after lunch tomorrow. Might drop Dino and email tonight to prempt (this word doesnt look right, think my spelling might be off!) my call.

Wish me luck

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I've been offered a full settlement which I have accepted. I spoke to Krista in the litigation department and she said they'd be approving payment today :D

I have one question: will they send me a letter confirming they are making the settlement payment, or will they just pay the money into my account and leave it at that?

Cheers,

Simon.

Yea I signed that and faxed it back. Then spoke to them and they said they'd recieved it and were actioning. I am just wondering if I will get 1 last letter confirming payment or if I should just keep an eye on the account for the money.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

Iknow its a little late in the day but do you realise you have 19 threads spread over 3 forums

Congratulations

Any chance of your litigation details pm me with them if possible

Bank

Claim number

amount

date filed

concluded

Thanx

saint

• 1 month later...