Help with Cabot - Santander current account overdraft and credit card

jims45
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1589 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Happy new year all.

After receiving excellent advice from this forum numerous letters received from Cabot stopped and went quiet for several months.

Cabot were initially chasing two alleged debts, a credit card and a bank overdraft.

After following advice given here I received letters stating both debts were unenforceable.

Now letters have started again but only chasing the alleged bank overdraft (the smaller amount).

I am now 65 years old and receiving state pension, have no savings or assets, drive an old van worth around £1000 and live in a one bedroom retirement flat rented from a housing association.

They are asking my current circumstances and threatening more frequent contact though no mention of legal action.

The debt (which I have consistently denied owing) becomes statute barred Jan 2021, should I respond or just ignore the letter as before?

Thanks in advance🙂

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ignore for now.

Cannot see current point in making any contact, unless you wanted to make the point that you have no means, other than a basic state pension. But they will then ask for more information to prove your finances and if you did that, would they just write it off ?  Probably not. They would hassle you for small repayments.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

nothing they can do bar beg.

the A/C is subject to significant amounts of fees/interest

they would be rather silly to try and get this in a court room door.

threads merged 

let it run.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...