Amanda v's MBNA, Eggcard, BOS, RBOS, RBOS credit card & Capital 1

erinamanda
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6193 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I've just started the process against all of the above, rekon it will amount to around £5k in total. Would be interested to hear how anyone else is getting on with these financial vultures:x

RBOS were quick at sending the statement out, prelim letter away to them. Egg demanded additional ID, so still waiting on info. BoS have acknowledged the request for data although I've not recieved anything yet. MBNA, Capital 1 and RBOS credit card haven't responded. Initial data request letters went out 7/11

Amanda

I found MBNA one of the easiest to deal with overall. They were slow and this meant they passed the DPA 40 days so gave me everything after the DPA saying tell me what my charges are, and a phone call saying, "Well, where is it?" £1,700 was credited to my MBNA cards and I was able to close all 3 and get a wee cheque for £38 left over too!

Nationwide have just settled with me. Again, they paid enough to close an account and give me just under £700 as a remainder, and it looks like the Halifax may have passed the day they needed to respond to Newcastle County Court by, so will give them a quick call on Monday just to check and ask for my money!

Go for it. There's absolutely nothing to lose and an easier life financially at the end of it for a few letters sent now.

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress

Well RBOS have responded to me today offering £1343 although they owe me £1995. Thought it was ok for 1st offer, but rejection letter getting posted today saying I'll accept their offer as part settlement. Can't believe how easy this process is (sitting at the pc writing letters and generating huge cash sums) just hope I don't have to go to the hassle of court with any of them. Still waiting for data from Capital 1, BOS, Egg and MBNA

• 4 months later...

Hi, re you turning sown the offer from RBOS. Friend of mine did that in writing and heard nothing.so after two weeks he called the bank to be told they only offer once and as he'd turned their offer down it was nothing or take them to court. So that is what he is doing seeking at least 75%. I didnt get an offer at all from RBOS and they owe me some £8,300 and i taking thme to court. Already dealing with their solicitors called coppetts of Manchester. They seem to be using scare tactics at present expecting me to go away but im not. My fiancee is a trainee solicitor

• 3 weeks later...

I have last week week sent off to RBOS (2 accounts) approx £5000 - including interest, they have on one of my accounts dropped my overdraft - can they do this? I think it is because of my claim...

• 5 weeks later...

Rbos owe me about 5600 including interest. They have just offered me about 3000 as full and final settlement. I'm really tempted to accept it as I'm in such a desperate financial state due to all the charges. I'm scared that as it is such a big claim they may decide to fight it and I will be left without even the 3000.

Has anyone else clamed a similar amount and won/lost? I really don't know what to do.... :confused:

Rbos have offered me 3000 towards a 5600 claim, I'm scared I'll lose this if I take them to court...

Take them to COURT!

Have a look at all the "Joe Bloggs v Greedybank ***WON***" threads!

You won't be scared any longer!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Got to agree with Dusary, you will get the lot. Why let the Bank keep £2,600 of YOUR money.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I know you are right, kind of just needed words of support!! Some people reckon it's daft not just to accept the 3000 as that's a bonus in itself, but the point is they still have a load of my money and it still feels like I've given in to them....cheers for the advice, will get going on it

Got to agree with Dusary, you will get the lot. Why let the Bank keep £2,600 of YOUR money.

You don't have to agree with me!!! :p

But I agree with the others!

Stick with it!

They are just tagging you along!

They WILL pay out - eventually, cos it's your money!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

alice em please stick out for the rest they will pay. They paid me it is all your money as you say you need the cash.Just think what you could do with the extra.Keep at it.

I'm going to do it, I'm working through the money claim website, as soon as I get paid this Friday I'm putting the claim in. I really believe i'll get it, thanks for the advice, will keep you posted.....