Part Ownership (30/70) of Property Can I Enforce Sale

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I wonder if I can get some advice please?

I part own a property 30% me 70% estranged father in law

It’s been a messy business but I just want done with it now and need to figure out the best way to end all ties

Can anyone tell me how I go about getting my share of the property and my name removed from anything to do with this vile man?

Thanks so much for your time

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andyorch

Thanks so much for your reply

Yes we are definitely tenants in common. He has 70% I have 30%

Not only do I want my money out of the property but I also want any association with this man to stop as I do not trust him in any which way.

He currently lives in the property and I know he will be down valuing it as we speak.

Is this something I can do easily myself?

Thanks to him I am living on a very low income and cannot afford unnecessary legal expenses.

Thanks again

Probably best to consult a conveyancer for advice....it may be that you give the part owner first option to buy you out?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Hi Andyorch

As you can probably guess we are not on good terms so it’s not that I could have a sensible conversation with him about it but I would be very surprised if he would be in a position to do so.

He is over 70 and his health is not good

He is likely to fight it all the way and I know he will do all he can to stop it as he is living in a property and an area he cannot afford without my investment

My other option is to sell my portion of the property.

Do you know if this is possible as I do know of someone who would be interested?

Cheers

Anything is possible...but your not forcing sale of the property...you are selling your shared ownership in the property.....speak to a conveyancing Solicitor...first hour should be free.