Lost letters and 'white mail'

Poppy007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been told that letters sent into the DWP without a clear heading like ESA Mandatory Reconsideration Request will be deemed to be 'white mail' and so will not be looked at by anyone until the writer telephones to find out what is happening about their letter.

I ask because my ESA MR request dated and sent on 25th Nov 2017 has only just, yesterday 13th Feb 2018 arrived at the correct department! I did telephone about it on 7th Dec and was told it can take a few weeks before you will hear from them. Over 11 weeks to get there! It will now take 7-10 days for them to make their decision.

As we all know that it is only when you tell them that you will be appealing the decision that your ESA (at a lower rate) will be paid. So is this a new ploy by the DWP to delay payment of ESA?

:-x

Complain to your local MP and councillors, if needs be start the lethargic complaints process with the DWP so you can escalate it sooner, give them eight weeks to ignore you, then raise it to the ICE, who will be unable to do anything because the DWP have deliberately ignored you and your complaint, BUT, they will then be told to pull their finger out and address your complaint.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I have just been told by the DWP that all mail is scanned onto the system within 9 days of being delivered and then goes to the Decision Makers. They have no deadline by which they have to respond. If you ask for them to confirm anything in writing to you they don't have to do so! All departments seem to have been combined into either PIP or ESA or JSA. There is no separate Housing Benefit dept. etc any more. Where has the care gone? :-(

Housing benefit is done by the LA not DWP.

As for the care, ha ha ha ha ha ha you must be joking, that went out the window when the self servatives got into office.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

As for the care, ha ha ha ha ha ha you must be joking, that went out the window when the self servatives got into office.

yes. '80 on in one guise or another. funny thing is, it was indirectly voted for...

Housing benefit is done by the LA not DWP.

If the LA is in a UC area then it is now handled by DWP. All HB fraud is now investigated by DWP and LA's no longer have any HB fraud investigators. As a consequence of this, HB fraud is actually going through the roof! The only HB LA's deal with now is for pensioners

• Haha 1