Universal Credit during 5 week months when on ESA.

DoSACExile
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've read in a few places that people who are paid weekly will earn slightly too much in a 5week month and thus end their UC claim, even though their circumstances haven't changed. This is for those in work.

I presume this doesn't affect those in the support group of ESA who don't do any work when they're eventually moved over to UC?

I.e. I will get a payment every 4 weeks regardless of how many weeks are in a month, which is the same way PIP is paid currently.

You will get paid on a specfic date of every month.

If you claim Housing Benefit or Tax Credits, then those claims will cease when you are transferred to Universal Credit.

Existing claimants are only being moved across to Universal Credit if their circumstances change e.g. you were no longer eligible for the support group.

I wouldn't really worry about the Universal Credit rolllout.

It will take through to the end of 2018 for it to have rolled out to every Jobcentre - let alone move across claims from ESA.

Thanks.

So, as I thought, this won't affect those of us not working? https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/universal-credit-different-earning-patterns-and-your-payments/universal-credit-different-earning-patterns-and-your-payments-payment-cycles

I'm glad to know it's not 4 weekly but is actually monthly. I always get confused with the dates for PIP because it changes every month!

So I'm right about the 5 week thing not affecting me? Sorry, I have pretty bad anxiety.

I've no idea why PIP is 4 weekly, some are fortnightly and some are monthly. I like my ESA being paid fornightly, as I've got used to it that way, so I'm dreading moving to UC.