2012 Ford Focus Transmission Control Module failure

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1628 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

doesn't work like that in the uk sadly.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It is used in the UK but referred to Group Litigation Orders...In England and Wales, there are numerous avenues for multi-party litigation, that is, litigation involving multiple claimants and/or defendants. These include:

Claims by multiple claimants managed together by the court using its case management powers.
Group litigation orders (GLOs).
Claims by representative claimants.

The principal legal and regulatory sources for collective actions are the Civil Procedure Rules and Practice Directions, as supplemented by statute (including the Senior Courts Act 1981). Also, the Competition Act 1998 and the Consumer Rights Act 2015 provide for certain competition law damages claims to be brought before the Competition Appeal Tribunal (CAT), for which the Competition Appeal Tribunal Rules 2015 (SI 2015 No. 1648) provide the requisite procedure.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Oh, here we go........................ again.

madatford, are you sure you have a dual clutch, small engine'd, powershift?

What car, what year, which transmission? and i'll try and help.

Has it been diagnosed etc.

H

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

I just got fobbed off and off.  Tried to follow Hammy's advice which was PM'ed to me and got sent round in circles by ford.

The clutch needed replacing and I've had continuing juddering issues at 6 months and 13 months.  Now at 18 months it is due back for a service to my ford dealer and I will ask for it to be diagnosed.  I have little confidence in engaging with Ford to treat this as a warranty repair even through it was reported as a fault at 6 months after the new clutch.

I hate my car.  Simple.  Will likely never buy another ford again.

Hammy

Ford Fiesta Titanium

reg date 18/03/2013  

yes it was recalled and Transmission replaced and then after 2 years later, just 5,000 miles it was diagnosed again and replaced at a cost of over £500 pounds

The garage firstly asked Ford for some contribution..they refused..

I paid the bill and have since had many emails with Ford CS quoting all the relevant details of the class actions, reports etc ..but they just responded with outside warranty!!!

I have actually sold the car and bought a Honda ..but have recently seen some more recent press report which made me evenmadderatford!

See the above very recent press releases:

Courts will rule in December on the $4bn case against Ford..and..

"Overseas, Ford paid a $10 million AUD (about $7 million USD) fine to the Australian government for “unconscionable” treatment of customers when they complained about transmission issues.

In September 2018, a Bangkok civil court handed down a 23 million baht (about $750,000) ruling against Ford to compensate owners".

Why isn't there a Group litigation order (GLOs) happening in the Uk?

Can't we start one?

Thanks for that.  If anyone was to start a GLOS, I'd be keen on joining.

Had a surprise on collecting my focus from it's annual service, they replaced the TCM module as part of a recall from Ford.  I was getting juddering which was supposedly down to the clutch pack (despite it only being 18 months since it was last replaced) but the juddering problem seems to have stopped.

No explanation was given from the main dealer.  i just spotted it on the paperwork over the weekend so will give them a call tomorrow.

• 4 months later...

Hello.  My powershift gearbox on my 2014 Fiesta started to give me problems 5 days ago.  

As I was decelerating the car would start to judder and lurch forward.  This meant that I felt very unsafe at junctions and was worried I was going to cause an accident. I managed to drive to work slowly and called my Ford dealer.  The engine failure warning sign had also come on on the dashboard. They sent out some one to have a look (the AA) and they diagnosed that the 2nd and 4th gears were not working.  I managed to drive my car carefully (with the AA man following in his van) to the Ford dealer and it has been there since.  

According to the ETIS website there is an outstanding field service action 14M02 - TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE EXTENDED WARRANTY COVERAGE.

Even if I was informed of this extended warranty (which I wasn't) it expired in July 2019.  

I am fully aware of all the class actions and lawsuits in other countries with regards to the Powershift gearbox. 

I have not heard from Ford yet as they will not be looking my car before next Monday.  I am wondering how the conversations will go between myself and the dealer?  I am assuming they will make the same diagnosis as the AA man and the options might be repair/software update or replacement of the gearbox.  I'm not even going to think about the cost just yet, as I am more concerned about safety.  I have lost all confidence in this gearbox.

Looking at similar posts I cannot find anyone who has been offered a free repair/replacement outside the warranty period as a gesture of good will from Ford UK.  I will be contacting Ford head office myself but not until my dealers service department has identified the problem next week. 

The question is if the gearbox needs replacing with the same powershift one will it not have the same inherent fault and likely to cause problems again?  I understand they have now scrapped the powershift gearbox in new cars.

I am seeking legal advice from Which? Legal as to how to approach future communication and correspondence with Ford.  This is a serious issue which Ford UK have failed to publicise and inform UK customers.  Some have already contacted Watchdog and I will do the same regardless of the outcome.

How do we begin a group litigation order?  

more powerful to raise multiple individual court claims

a class action is not applicable to the uk.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I had the power shift gear box replaced on my 2012 Ford Focus  (let’s say for example) June 2018, this was done under extended warranty free of charge.

Let’s fast forward to August this year when I started noticing that the same problem was happening again !

Spoke to my local dealership who confirmed that this was the case and that unfortunately the new power shift clutch which was 

Replaced in 2018 only comes with 1 YEARS WARRANTY 🤯,

I spoke to (eventually) the head of customer complaints at ford uk headquarters who looked into my claim that after a year the clutch should surely not have gone again. 

after a couple of weeks I was told that there was nothing that could be done and that it is what it is.

I spoke to my local dealer again and kicked off a little and they reduced the parts and labour to just £1050 ..... thanks ford 🙄!!!! 

so yeah I wouldn’t hold out much hope of them paying for it but if you do have any luck let me know please .