Santander chasing 11+ year old Cahoot loan?!

patterns
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, Today i received a random letter from Santander regarding a £5500 loan debt.

At first i was wrecking my brain what hell is this as i have my bank account with them. Thought i was stung for fraud again.

There was no information, just my name, a sort code and an account number.

It states opening balance march 2017 and current balance sept 2017.

i googled the sort code and seems it belongs to a cahoot accounts.

The last cahoot loan i took out was over 11 years ago (march 2006 to be exact),

im almost certain i settled this

(but haven't kept all those papers)

and it would surely be statute barred?

Wondered if i could get some advice?

Ignore,

write a letter?

Thanks

if no payment or express written acknowledgement was made to the debt in 6 years or longer, then its SB. You can ignore. If you want them to stop chasing, then you can send the SB letter, but you need to be absolutely sure its SB before you do.

personally id just ignore, and if they ever issue a claim, you have a guaranteed success and get costs paid too.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks renegade, how would i be certain its SB? there has absolutely been zero communication from them or myself in all these years. i defaulted in 2008/9 and i am sure i settled but if i didnt from that point communication stopped

Its not a default on my credit file, are they able to put this back on my credit file?

Thread moved to the appropriate forum..please continue to post here to your thread.

I personally would write and in form them its statute barred and add a little history that you know all about it and original OC.......you dont want them adding it to your current details and comitments with Santander.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

You sure its Satan's bank that has written to you

Not a DCA?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well its a Santander letterhead with logo, telephone number 0800 085 1848 The address is Santander Bank, Collections and Recoveries po box 388 sheffield S9 2GR. Looks pretty official to me?

Very confused by this. I cleared/settled every debt from that period im certain of it as i was able to get finance after, but i cant find any documentation. All i found was the original confimation letter of the loan being taken out from 2006.

Still looking but this is SB right

Certainty if no payment in at least 6 yes + a few months

What are they up to...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...