Halifax/Ascent - home repossession***Suspended* **

morgan8080
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1970 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your situation is not too far gone at all, if they don't accept your proposal then we will fight them in court - and win ! You have told them in your letter you will defend in court and they won't want that.

When you paid on line did you put your mortgage account number as the payment reference ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi Morgan

You have to stop going around in circles.

I know its easy to say, I've been exactly where you are and if it wasn't for Ellen I would not be where I am now.

There is NOTHING you can do until they reply and certainly nothing you can do over the weekend.

If Ellen thought you were beyond help she would tell you so. It really is as simple as that.

My advise would be not to even visit your thread until Monday morning.

The advise has been given and its no good dealing in what ifs.

Trust me on this..no good will come of it.

Well no word from Halifax yet but they prob only received letter today I’ll track it .

Had a call from their solicitors Ascent who wanted to follow up and asked if I was still going to put in an n244 and still knew nothing of my complaint and that I had dealt with Halifax directly , they seemed suprised .

They wanted to chat and go through things but I said it needed to be in writing as I have an open complaint with financial ombudsman.

good move!!

writing only PUT THE PHONE DOEN!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they don't care all they want is their cut of any money they can fleece out of you.

they will say or do anything over the phone to promote confusion and doubt

which is why we have that golden rule..

which is..................?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Do I wait till Wednesday and if no reply put in n244

Yes, I think that's the best idea.

While we always advocate you don't discuss things over the phone, at this stage, and as you don't have a lot of time to wait for them to write to you, it is could be wise to answer their calls as they may want to discuss your letter and you might be able to resolve without going to court (but ask for confirmation in writing if you reach an agreement)

If you feel you aren't getting a resolution and they still ask if you are going to put in an N244 then your answer is yes. However, if at any time you feel they are pressurising you, you tell them you feel uncomfortable and will report their behaviour to the court at your hearing.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Yes, I think that's the best idea.

While we always advocate you don't discuss things over the phone, at this stage, and as you don't have a lot of time to wait for them to write to you, it is could be wise to answer their calls as they may want to discuss your letter and you might be able to resolve without going to court (but ask for confirmation in writing if you reach an agreement)

If you feel you aren't getting a resolution and they still ask if you are going to put in an N244 then your answer is yes. However, if at any time you feel they are pressurising you, you tell them you feel uncomfortable and will report their behaviour to the court at your hearing.

I’ve only got till a week today am worried

OK, but you need to keep in touch with them, if they can't get Halifax to cancel the eviction you need to put in an N244 soon.

I'd suggest its more than promising..rap on knuckles too I bet

and they

I'd suggest its more than promising..rap on knuckles too I bet

Well Halifax haven’t confirmed yet if they will postpone eviction. The lady from ombudsman is waiting to hear from them by 5:30. I think they will want to keep going , so it’s looking like I will need to go to court and file n244 tomorrow . I am going to need help with it .

Hi, can you be on line in the morning ?

OK, I'll be on line at 8.30 and will write your statement. In the meantime - you'll need a copy of the letter you sent (and proof of them signing for it) and also print out the complaint you sent to the Ombudsman. As soon as the ombudsman office opens in the morning, ask them to send you an email with the response they got from Halifax.

I can't remember if you filled in a budget sheet if not one is affixed - you will need it to go with the N244. The sheet calculates automatically as you fill it in. If yo need me to check it over you can email it to me at Ell-enn@consumeractiongroup.co..uk.

You will also need proof of your new job - you should have an offer letter with salary and date of starting ?

Do you have an N244 form ?

Budget Sheet.xls