SmartParking ANPR. PCN - unsuccessful appeal wrong reg no entered

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2449 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1 Date of the infringement

29/7/17

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]

3/8/17

3 Date received

Not sure

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?]

N

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?

Yes

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up you appeal]

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

Yes, unsuccessfuly

7 Who is the parking company?

SmartParking

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]

Haven Bank Retail Park, Exeter

I have recently tried unsuccessfully to appeal against a parking fine that I received due to my partner not entering the complete reg plate into the parking machine. She thought she just had to enter the number part of my reg (04) rather than the whole registration. Fortunately I still have the ticket which matches the number bit of my plate. I believe it is fairly clear from this that I did actually but a ticket.

I tried to appeal on the basis that I had evidence that I had paid and explained what had happened but it was rejected as they say that the instructions clearly state that the correct registration plate has to be entered and that I have therefore breached the terms and conditions.

It states that in order to appeal again I therefore need to appeal to the independent appeals service.

Anyone got any advice?

I am determined not to pay the fine when I did actually but a ticket.

Cheers,

Dave.

dont worry. Theyve already messed up. You already paid and got a ticket, so it makes no odds that the wrong reg was entered.

Sit tight and youll get more detailed explanation why.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It is not a fine!!

Its a speculative invoice

Lots of threads here regarding wrong reg input

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'd just ignore them now

Unless you get a claimforn

Just keep that ticket safe

Its not you fault they can be bothered to look at their ANPR database to check things

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Next time do not appeal to the parking co until you have taken advice.

You could have had at least 3 more reasons the charge wasn't valid due to the parking co's failure to cut and paste a few sentences if it was the same as their normal output.

There are plenty of examples of wrong reg court claims being thrown out and yours is better than most as far as the ticket printing goes.

they will be writing to you again as they think that you are worried about what happens if you don't pay.

they rely on fear, half truths and sometimes downright lies to get people to pay them when they don't have a legal leg to stand on.