law in general has been twisted

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2444 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks BA

They asked for I & E before going for a LO

In my case they were not, prepared to even talk about an arrangement , as I was Self Employed .

And once again Leakie, you have made a very important post.

The reason for requesting financial information before requesting a Liability Order is a very important one as it will identity the following:

Whether the debtor is employed (in which case consideration can be given to an Attachment of Earnings Order).

Whether the debtor is in receipt of state benefits (and therefore suitable of having a deduction from benefits order made).

Whether a debtor has a current attachment of earnings order in place (in which case a second attachment can be set up).

Whether a debtor is self employed (in which case no 'attachments' of any kind could be made and the preferred route would be for the Liability Order to be referred to bailiffs.

Doggone it

This is my personal experience with the council - I understand that

I have had discussions with the local councilors, and to be honest they were not interested. - see below

I have also found that, the council tax department were helpful,

But Recovery department just plainly do not care what ever the circumstances. - would suggest their attitude is because if you have not paid then you deserve everything that follows - IMO a very bad attitude to take.

Recovery hide behind policy

If having hassles with Councillors then I would start with their Code of Conduct & you can follow through this page - apologies if you already have it https://www.braintree.gov.uk/info/200135/complaints/87/complain_about_a_councillor

The prefered way is not the fairway BA, all it did was make the debt increase.

As soon as the LO was granted, they came to an arrangement, which could have been reached before hand.

It would have made no difference, as if I had defaulted they could then have got an LO and then enforcement.

Doggone it Ican not disagree with you,

It does not matter if you have tried to sort issues out beforehand

they will not listen

there job is to get the Debt paid. by what ever means,

if people are willing then they should listen, which was not the case.

thanks for the link

This is an interesting thread.

And it has shown up that the rights, both real, imagined, and "nice to have" of the citizen have not been crushed by the Law, but simply ignored in favour of Profit primarily to private companies, and secondarily to LA's etc.

It's why we wont get a Northern Irish style system, because NI's is efficient, and works. Efficient & Works does not = private profit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I will lay my cards on the table,

yes I do have a big problem with Ea's

The reason being they rely on the debtor not knowing their rights,

fortunately for me and thanks to CAG in the past I do!!!

The answer is to take the profit out of the debt collection

Not everyone are will not pays, they are can not pays, and increasing there debt is not going to help.

Whether it is for a company debt or personal debt

the circumstances are not explored before enforcement commences,

mainly through the debtor not knowing their rights.

If the powers to be realy want to get people to pay what is owed they would not increase the debt

It is in no ones interest as the debt need to be paid regardless.

People need to wake up to the corrupt system, that is there for profit only

The police have start to do the same, Enforcing for profit not the law of the land.

The whole thing needs to be looked at again, but not with just people in power and have an interest,

but also with debtors, so there is an understanding.

If this is done correctly then I am positive debts would be paid quicker.

There are some that play the system and it is these if proved should be punished

not the people who genuinely cannot pay through circumstance,

I was knocked for a substantial amount of money and this was the start of my problems,

7 years on I am still trying to sort it out,

over the years it has cost me about £5000 in fees because I could not afford to take my debtor to court at the time.

I was not at fault but the charges with the council and EA charges have spiraled

the problem is the government is pro corporate business and against the citizen of the the country.

If the law was genuine then fees would be to the absolute minimum,

I do not know the answer but it needs to be discussed and may be may be it can be made a fairer system

Until everyone is involved this will not happen.

There is to much emphasis on profit rather than a serious attempt to sort the issues out,

The Governments Of now and past have a lot to answer too,

We need to take back control for everyones sake before it is too late.

Agree absolutely Leakie, a bank or credit card company can usually be persuaded to freeze interest to give a breathing space at least temporarily before selling the debt to fleecing DCA (that is another issue) but councils will do the opposite as in LO, Enforcement which has the same effect as a bank quadrupling interest on that struggling debtor's account.

Enforcement is so King John and Sheriff of Nottingham; it should be abolished it has no place in the 21st Century with all the online and digital payment methods we have now. An affordable at source payment related to income is a way forward.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Agree absolutely Leakie, a bank or credit card company can usually be persuaded to freeze interest to give a breathing space at least temporarily before selling the debt to fleecing DCA (that is another issue) but councils will do the opposite as in LO, Enforcement which has the same effect as a bank quadrupling interest on that struggling debtor's account.

Enforcement is so King John and Sheriff of Nottingham; it should be abolished it has no place in the 21st Century with all the online and digital payment methods we have now. An affordable at source payment related to income is a way forward.

the thing that shocked me, is Dublin City Council appears to have re-established the post of Bailiff - people must be up in arms over it, there is a lot of baggage attached to both the Role/Name, Hence the Republic never having had them before. it's ironic that they have brought them in, thinking they are going to be Safe (Bailiffs were considered valid targets in the North by the IRA, no reason why they wouldnt in the South)

Given all the problems and scandals in the UK over it, i am amazed they decided this was the right solution. New York City also has bailiffs now too - called "New York City Marshalls" and they are set up exactly like the High Court Enforcement system in the UK, and they appear to have learnt quite a bit from UK Enforcement, Agencies regarding how to break the law, act like Criminals etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]