Debtor who attacked bailiff with a pick axe handle is jailed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2445 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A man who attacked a bailiff with a pick axe handle has been jailed

Martin Pritchard admitted assaulting Josef Minoli who had come to his house to collect unpaid magistrates court fines.

He had received a telephone call from his stepson to inform him that the bailiff was at the property looking to collect the debt. When Pritchard arrived back at his house in Wrexham, he became abusive telling Mr Minoli to ‘get the the f*** out”. He then hit the bailiff in the midriff with the pick up handle causing him to fall to the ground. The enforcement officer had been on his phone to the police during the attack.

When officers arrived, Pritchard had already fled the scene, but was picked up later.

Mold Crown Court heard that Pritchard had arrived back at his house with another person, assaulting the bailiff and then beginning to count down as he held the axe handle over his head.

The debtor had been before the court on a number of previous occasions.

Mr Pritchard's Barrister stated in court that her client had lost his temper because his step son was alone at the house.

The court fine was paid later that day and this, together with the fact that Mr Pritchard’s mother was unwell and that he helped look after her children, was taken into consideration by the Judge. He was jailed for 5 months.

I think the courts could come up with another system, which would earn money for the courts and cut the enforcement industry out of the equation.

At some point in the future, most people are going to be registered with government Universal Credit system. Everything will eventually be on that system e.g tax credits, pensions. Once government has a shared database on everything to do with a persons life, then you could see automatic deduction of fines etc, if the person does not pay them within the required time.

Within 20 years the enforcement industry might well be on the scrap heap as a relic of the past. The only work left might be repossession activity and that could be done by court employed staff.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Its wrexham. They do that kind of stuff there normally

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Once government has a shared database on everything to do with a persons life, then you could see automatic deduction of fines etc, if the person does not pay them within the required time.

The sharing of data has been a problem for local authorities and courts for a long time. Whilst data can be shared with DWP (which is beneficial if a person is in receipt of some form of state benefit) the same cannot be said with Inland Revenue. This has been a 'stumbling block' with attachment of earnings against employed debtors. There are imminent changes on this subject (to allow data sharing with Inland Revenue).

A very unpopular data sharing plan (and one that I have voiced my opinion against at recent meetings) is for Liability Orders to be registered with Registry Trust. In fact, trials have taken place with supposedly excellent recovery rates.

Sorry to go 'off topic' for a moment.

BA

Yep, i have heard Government depts will start sharing info. During 2018, i believe Universal Credit will be rolled out across the whole country and Civil Service is going through a recruitment drive across different depts.

At some point EC's are going to start losing a lot of work, as they won't be required.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

My friend got attacked with a knife

Luckily didnt get stabbed

Bloke got a £90 fine

If only it was held at mold court

None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases.

Why Mold Crown Court, do you think the Welsh judges are stricter on incoming Scallies from Lloegr?

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 3 weeks later...
I think the courts could come up with another system, which would earn money for the courts and cut the enforcement industry out of the equation.

At some point in the future, most people are going to be registered with government Universal Credit system. Everything will eventually be on that system e.g tax credits, pensions. Once government has a shared database on everything to do with a persons life, then you could see automatic deduction of fines etc, if the person does not pay them within the required time.

Within 20 years the enforcement industry might well be on the scrap heap as a relic of the past. The only work left might be repossession activity and that could be done by court employed staff.

Northern Irelands system seems to be a lot less painful, and works.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]