missed ccj deadline - lost set aside - for a fraudulant account from 2008

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2459 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

i need help please with regard to a CCJ

i received a claim form from the court with regard to some debt which was not even mine but it was report as fraud in 2008 for something credit by HFC accord to the lowel profolio.

I have no idea what they want from me, even my name last name on that letter is one of my middle names, i have called them and advised them of this matter.

i did not send in the claim form back to the court or rather missed that date, so now i filed for the judgment to be set aside in, hearing was today on the 11/08/2017

but the judge was only focus if the name on the letters is my name which is my first name and middle name but not my last name, the judge was completely on their side and not listening to what i have to say, that this was not my contract to pay and it was a fraudulent contract.

now they have given me sometimes to submit a defense for the 27th..

my main focus is to get the CCJ removed one way or another even if i have to pay it to get it off my file, i am aware there is a 28 days,,

What are my chances on getting the ccj removed or set aside

and what is required of me on the defense sorry but this is my first time to get something like this or to be involved in one.

welcome

can you complete this please:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-2016**

and the defence you filed

the witness statements if you/they filed one?

and the reason for your set aside and the defence used for that.

one multipage pdf for each will be best please

follow the upload

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

CLAIMANT LOWELL PORTFOLIO 1 LTD

11 MAY 2017 – DATE OF ISSUE ACCORDING TO THE COURT

DID NOT RECEIVE THE CLAIMANT FORM

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim?

The claim is for outstanding debt relating to a credit from HFC, firstly it was a credit agreement reported as fraud among 2 other accounts under my middle name and not last name.

What is the value of the claim? £810.28

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? credit from HFC

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? the agreement was between 2008-2009 as i am not aware of a particular date all i know is the year.

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. debt purchaser Lowells

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? No i was not aware of this

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? No i did not receive any letters of default as this was reported as fraud

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? No i have not received any default letters related to the above

Why did you cease payments? There was a single direct debit payment and that's when i reported it

What was the date of your last payment? 2008 or 2009

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? reported as fraud to the original creditor

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a Debt managment ? No as this was not my initial debate with them.

I set the judgment aside

had a heading on the 10th,

they have advised me i have until the 24th to submit a defence, and to make a payment of 120 to the solicitor who is representing the claimant,

i have never been on this situation before and i do not want to have a CCJ for the next 6 years for something i have not done or even used.

As advised on this site i have put together a CCA request which am going to forward to the claimant tomorrow,

can you please assist me with the defence and what are my chances on getting this resolved.

have you any paperwork from the time reporting this fraud?

my gut reaction is to go the easy way out

file the statute barred defence and be done with proving fraud.

p'haps andyorch will comment.

can we had the POC as its written on the claimform please verbatim.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for the reply

No I don't have any paper work stating it was reported as fraud as this was back in 2008, I have relocated few times since then.

What is the statute barred ?

Can I include that in my def ce starment

If my set aside was not successful can I still apply for statute barred ?

I really need help as I do not want a ccj on my file for something I did not do

click statute barred.

a defence for the original claimform. = statute barred

and they

Yes I would go along with DX advice and submit the Statute barred defence for now...should they wish to proceed then you may possibly introduce the fraud element by way of your witness statement later in the process.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

The following defence is all you need if it is SB

1 The Claimant's claim was issued on (insert date on claim form).

2 The Defendant contends that the Claimant's claim so issued is a claim in contract and is statute barred pursuant to the provisions of section 5 of the limitation act 1980.

If, which is denied, the claimant contends that the Defendant is in breach of the alleged contract, in excess of 6 years have elapsed since the date on which any cause of action for breach accrued for the benefit of the Claimant.

3 The Claimant's claim to be entitled to payment of £[insert total claimed from claim form] or any other sum, or relief of any kind is denied.

and they

Hi and thank you all for the replies

I am really sorry to keep bugging you guys,

So now do I submit my defence as requested by the court since my set aside hearing was on Thursday last week 10th ? Or do I file for statute barred ?

Also how do I submit the Statute barred ? Is there a template I can use ?

Do I submit it instead of the defence ? ☹️ As I have not received the original claiment form

See above.......Post #8

You will have to submit it manually to the court...add the headers Claimant v Defendant and names...XXXXXXX County Court ...Claim Number xxxxxx

And finish it with a statement of truth dated.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread