Universal credit and hidden crunch

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Universal credit (UC) and other benefits i.e. Housing Benefit (HB)

Are you aware that if you have more than 2 children and going to claim UC you may find that you may not get all you think or you might be sent around in circles, please read here for more information.

https://tinyurl.com/ycqvnr7y

Clarification on how Universal Credit claimants are affected by the two child limit

1. Some claimants are being misdirected to claim the wrong benefit depending upon their personal circumstances. This misdirection results in claimants being sent from Universal Credit to tax credits and Housing Benefit (HB) and, often, back again; resulting in financial difficulties.

2. The information below provides clarity on which benefit claimants living within a Universal Credit area should be signposted to.

Claimants with two children or less

3. Claimants can make a new claim to Universal Credit if they have two or less children or qualifying young persons (QYPs); this includes claimants with no children.

Claimants with more than two children

4. Claimants with three or more children or QYPs will not be able to make a new claim for Universal Credit, unless the claimant:

• has been in receipt of Universal Credit within the previous six month period and is making a re-claim

• is making a new claim as a single person within one month of a previous joint claim ending, because they are no longer a member of a couple

5. New Universal Credit claimants with more than two children or QYPs will need to apply for Child Tax Credit and any other benefits they may be entitled to including HB.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.