style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I forgot to add I have offered £25 (that I've borrowed ) to Jacobs today. But I've suggested this through the council recovery dept. She will be in contact with them now I would imagine.

I forgot to add I have offered £25 (that I've borrowed ) to Jacobs today. But I've suggested this through the council recovery dept. She will be in contact with them now I would imagine.

The £110 should not be applied and personally, I would be surprised if it had been. It's more likely that the enforcement agent was using the 'threat' of the £110 being charged to 'encourage' payment.

Please do post back with any response from the local authority.

The heats off for 7 days, any action has been put on hold.

The council recovery dept. Sent me a means form to fill in for which I've done and handed back in as there is some payments I've missed for this tax year.

I did all my deductions and offered them a 10% monthly payment & on Monday I will hand in a means form for Jacobs @ 20%, so 30% of my net income. This is around £84.50 a month in total. So I will have to wait and see.

I will update as and when.

The letter was posted before my daughter went downstairs at 6.30 this morning with the £110 on it.

I'm in the council office Monday afternoon to submit my other expenditure form so I will query it then.

Ok _ There is no immediate rush for this and the priority is to be able to get the repayment plan set up. The £110 is not going the affect anything until you come to your last 1 or 2 payments. I'd be inclined to play it by ear om Monday and if the opportunity arises, query the 3110.

To forearm you, the relevant legislation is 5(1)© of the link below:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2014/1/regulation/5/made

As you will note, a bailiff cannot charge this fee until he visits the property to remove goods. In your case, he doesn't even know if there are any goods to remove because he has done nothing other than knock a door. It is one of those little things that the bailiff industry like to refer to as "human error" an "honest guv" type of mistake that conveniently boosts the bailiffs commission in the process. The £235 fee that you have been charged stands no matter how many times he is forced to visit you. Until he has been able to take control of your goods, he is still enforcing under the enforcement stage.

It is generally removed once they (the bailiff company) are questioned via their client (the council)

Thanks for that..

Well I have heard nothing from the council with regards to my payment plan that I submitted last week.

My case was put on a 7 day hold which ends tomorrow ( Friday )

I rang them up just now to find out how it was getting along.

The lady told me that they are still looking into it and usually takes around 2 weeks for some kind of decision to be made.

I explained my case was on hold for 7 days and what would happen after that with regards to the bailiffs turning up and she couldn't give me an answer.

I'm now a bit worried what will happen after tomorrow.

Will Jacobs come knocking again ?

Or will the council keep it on hold until they have made their decision.

Thanks.

simply tell Jacobs to ring the council if they do appear.

they after all they are operating under their clients instructions.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...