UKPC non stop harrassment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping to receive any suggestions on an ongoing matter with UKPC and DRP.

I have been issued with 4 tickets from UKPC almost 2 years ago for not parking my car within my designated space. UKPC is patrolling our underground parking to impede unhautorized parking on our parking bays.

My car is parked just underneath a grille overlooking to the basement of the building. There were some water leakings affecting the entire building so workers had to undergo a month long repairing job. While working on it they let a lot of concrete debries fall through the grille and into my car's bonnet and to avoid further damages I had to park just half a car length short of my bay. This was not in any way obstructing any other parking spaces nor any car manouverings but nevertheless UKPC issued me with those charges.

I have endlessly tried for them to understand and remove the charges by putting in writing through our managing agency but they are not willing to do it.

They have instructed Debt Recovery Plus to act on their behalf, they have sent several letters intimating payment but after one year they have stopped chasing me. Finally a couple of weeks ago, DRP sent me a FINAL NOTICE letter for a sum of £99 each (x4) after which they will say they will start legal action against me.

I have read quite a few threads on the matter but I'm not sure what the best course of action would be.

Any help would be really appreciated, thank you.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

well ukpc are no more

and if its at the DCA stage

they are not bailiffs

and can be totally ignored

they have no legal powers whatsoever.

as they are 2 ys old+

just don't ignore a claimform should one ever appear

which will be very easy to ba away as your tenancy has supremacy over any stupid speculative invoice contract.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

UKPC has a history of losing court cases where the motorist has supremacy of contract and that would apply in your case.

No other parking co seemed to do court once it was obvious that the vehicle had a " licence" to be there but UKPC seemed to buck this trens and lose the defended cases badly.

They obviously played the numbers game and no-one had the thought of suing them retrospetively after apying up their unwarranted charges.

This is why the parking co's seem to thrive, we defend our little corner but dont join together to batter them back into their hole they appeared from.

In your case the money is made by DR+-

look at the amount claimed in their threatograms,

it is far more than the original demand

and they have no lawful reason to add a penny

as there is no credit agreement between you and them that could possibly cause this increase.

It is just them making a few quid on each person who coughs up to pay for all of the letters the wiser folk have ignored.

IF UKPC threaten court then it would be wise to respond to them .

your response will be simple, they are not in a position to enter int a contract with you.

Edited by dx100uk

Thank you @ericsbrother, what exactly should I write to them?

I am really worried cause on the same circumstances but on behalf of Parking Eye,

Debt Recover Plus was able to grant a court order which I have disregarded cause I still thought it was just some other form of threatening from them,

and now I am left with a CCJ on my files which has totally disrupted my credit scoring.

I then paid the £165 fine through court but the CCJ obviously remains for 6 years...

nothing at the moment, you only write if they send you a lba.

DR+ have no right to do anything so it begs the question why did you let things get that for?

They can only win an undefended claim because they have no rights in the matter and a defenec of no locus standi wins the day and you get costs.

They dont grant court orders, the court does.

It does look like you ignored a N1 court claim form and that was only issued because you ignored everything else. We say ignore the threats but dont igniore the action

When was this, it may be still possible to overturn this

Edited by dx100uk

Yes last time I did ignore a Claim form from the court and it obviously escalated up to the CCJ. DRP was acting on behalf of Parking Eye.

This time DRP is acting on behalf of UKPC.

So correct me if I'm wrong:

now they have just issued me with a FINAL NOTICE letter intimating payment.

I Don't bother replying?

If I'll ever receive in future a Claim form from the court I can then dispute the matter of at that stage a CCJ on my files will be already in place?

Thank you so much for the support :)

might be better to start a new thread for the existing CCJ

BTW: the CCJ was NOTHING to do with DR+, dunno why you are saying it was them. it was parking eye.

DR+ cannot do court at all.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

let us separate the 2 issues

so for the main opening post, DR+ cannot do anything so can be safely ignored.

For the second part regarding PE,

DR+ may well have sent out the threatograms

they are paid to send

but they wont have anyting to do with the court claim,

PE do that themselves,

they dont even employ lawyers as they have an in house team.

You clearly ignored the claim form and PE then got a default judgement.

You can get these overturned but if it was just you ignoring the claim you will be wasting your time and effort.

If, for example, they sent the paperwork to a previous address then it would be worthwhile applying for a set aside,

even though that will cost you £255 it will get the CCJ removed from your credit files and you can do battle with PE in a proper defended hearing and then if yu still lose you just pay the £100 or so they were claiming in the time ordered and the CCJ doesnt reappear

Yes last time I did ignore a Claim form from the court and it obviously escalated up to the CCJ. DRP was acting on behalf of Parking Eye.

This time DRP is acting on behalf of UKPC.

So correct me if I'm wrong:

now they have just issued me with a FINAL NOTICE letter intimating payment.

I Don't bother replying?

If I'll ever receive in future a Claim form from the court I can then dispute the matter of at that stage a CCJ on my files will be already in place?

Thank you so much for the support :)