Mark Vs The Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right had enough of this, in the last 6 years i reckon i am owed a couple of thousand. As we just found out my wife is now pregnant it will come in useful in a few of months!

Finally snapped when they called me at 8am on Saturday. When i said can have a number so i call you back later as you have just woken me up the snotty reply was that the customer service person had been up for hours so therefore so should i! Then she said she would call later - she did at the same time on Sunday morning. Was impressed i didn't actually swear!

Sent my letter off so now we will wait and see exactly what i am owed when the statements come back in

Mark

"I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble."

Helen Adams Keller (1880-1968)

• 4 weeks later...

Statements just arrived- envelope shredded, Post office put in clear, unsealed plastic bag and now worried that whole world has ahd access to my bank details. Is there anything i can do about this, seems ridiculous as the envelope hardly even contained the statements to begin with.

gonna go look at what am owed now but fuming that my details were essentially available to anyone who has handled this package. so much for data protection!

Mark

"I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble."

Call Customer Relations, 08457 253519, and complain about the poor packaging. Best they can do is lodge a complaint with the Post Office, although it may prompt them to review how they send the statements out. Mine came in seperate envelopes, 5 sheets at a time, but all on the same day thankfully.

If you were really mad at them you could write a complaint, under the Data Protection Act, and say that they did not take care with your personal information. You need to allow them to take some action to satisfy you, but they'll just blame mis-handling in the post. How far you go with that is up to you, a compensation claim perhaps ?

As for the phone calls, I ended up sending a letter off (http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/37006-harassment-telephone-response-letter.html#post290644) and they eventually stopped. Quite a lot about that in my thread - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank/39442-old-dj-halifax.html

• Haha 1

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

• 3 months later...

Well Been a while since i updated so heres a summary.

Asked for my cash back approx £2400, sent follow up letter after the usual "we now have 8 weeks to deal with your customer complaint" letter.

Was offered £1200 as a settlement which i did as was instructed and rejected as a final offer but would take as part payment.

They asked me to contact them re my issues with their offer and gave me a phone number however before this arrived i had submitted my claim via the court

now had a letter from the court with an acknowledgement from Halifax from the head of their legal services stating their intent to defend all of this claim

getting pretty scary- is this normal? from what i understand they now have 2 weeks to submit a defence but am now feeling a little less confident - anyone else get this same response?

cheers

Mark

Yes it is quite normal, for my first claim once they acknowledged and said they intended to defend the claim I had the money paid into my account 5 or 6 days after, even before I received their letter to say they were paying up. I have just completed my second claim with them and this time it took them approx 12 day to pay up after they acknowledged my court claim.

Sorry if i sounding a little stupid- you saying that just because they say they are intending to defend all of this claim they may well not actually submit a defence still?

Don't worry about the bank saying they are going to defend the case thixs happened to me it was BOS. Then on court day they had no lawyer to defend. I had a terrible judge who told a lawyer who was present at the court to see if any other lawyers in the court house had been told to defend none had so he phoned the bank who said they had lost the papers and asked for a couple of weeks continuance. I had to give the lawyer a copy of my papers to give to the bank. BOS never did attend the court they asked the lawyer to offer me a figure that I did not settle for and at a later date we did settle out of court. I settled a couple of cc suite with them out of court have another on the go and a sumary case going as well so don't worry about banks defending.