Using a claims management company for the sole purpose of obtaining info

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2588 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I've tried, and failed so many times to put together meaningful documents to send to many banks over my lending past

- so I approached The Claims Guys bacause of their offer:

They will contact everyone on my behalf to see if I had PPI, and then I can go ahead and claim myself.

I haven't yet sent back the paperwork and of course the emails, texts and phonecalls are starting to ramp up.

Has anyone used this facility?

Is there any persuasive technique someone can apply for me to just go ahead and do all of this myself?

I did start, but got stuck on my first bank and just didn't carry on.

Cheers

Christ sake tell them NO cancel.

why not simply send SAR's

they have no more clout that you!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well, that's a lot of SARs to send and I could do with as little faffing about as possible.

Remember, I am unlikely to continue with them managing the claim, just getting the information for me.

Well, that's a lot of SARs to send and I could do with as little faffing about as possible.

Remember, I am unlikely to continue with them managing the claim, just getting the information for me.

Hope you have not divulged your bank account details...as they will take their fees whether they or you are successful

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I can scarcely imagine that it's that easy and that the claims company will allow you to get away with it.

In any event, although I would not recommend anybody going with this company – The Claims Guys – or any other claims management company for that matter, I don't see any point in essentially ripping them off.

PPI claims are not hugely complicated although sometimes they need a bit more persistence than usual. It's a hassle, but much better to keep the extra money for yourself then give 25% or more to claims management companies.

I've looked at The Claims Guy's TNCs in respect of the checks and I must say that it seems a bit woolly as to what your rights are once you have had the free check.

I wonder what information they actually release to you if they decide that you have had PPI. It may be that they simply say that you have had it that they don't give you any details and that effectively means that you are pretty well back to zero and still have to do all the spadework.

you need to be aware there are loads o threads here whereby the claims guys latterly chase fees as soon as someone coughs up.

you need to specially in writing tell any bank that you try and reclaim from that the claims guys have not been appointed as your agent and should not be told of any successful outcomes

as when they send the sar's or make enquiries for you

they put an interest marker on the relevant PPI accounts

https://cse.google.co.uk/cse?cx=partner-pub-0964707606882478:652l7hswbgv&ie=UTF-8&q=The+Claims+Guys+&sa=Search+CAG#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=The%20Claims%20Guys&gsc.page=1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks all for your replies. Sounds like the best option is to just not use them as there's too many opportunities where they can either go ahead and start the claims process, or attempt to claim a fee. At least in contacting them it did give me the opportunity to go through my account and address information so I do essentially have the list of banks I'll need to get in touch with.

Cheeers