Dismissed due to social media comment then wages taken back

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2609 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

My Wife was dissmised for alleged gross misconduct for chasing on social media about work all though no mention of her work name or any second names used during conversation

( she thought she was in chat mode with a friend not on live site).

Went to C.A.B. got told can't do anything as she had only been at her job nine months.

Today she has received her final wage slip after waiting a month

they paid the 3 weeks wages and any owed holiday pay then took back the full wages for the month before.

What I need to know is can we appellant the sacking and what do I do about the wages they also owe her for 300 pound worth of overtime short paid over Christmas.

you could appeal but there's not much point, she clearly wrote something less than stellar about her employer on a public board, naming the company isn't neccessry for that to stick

for wages owed

- send them your calculation and ask for comments within a week;

- send a letter before actions

- go to small claims court via money claim online

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Agree with the post above. Writing anything negative, confidential or which can be in any way construed as controversial about an employer is almost always capable of being seen as GM, and especially with less than 2 years service there is little comeback where disciplinary action results

However. The employer cannot withhold wages for any work completed and must pay this along with holiday pay accrued and not yet taken, although any pay in lieu of notice can be withheld as by definition dismissal for GM is normally immediate and without notice

Any unlawful deductions from the final wage are actionable as outlined above

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!