Returned faulty phone to Samsung - they returned it in pieces!!

alamand
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2654 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I have had a samsung s7 edge for just under 12months

approx 2 weeks ago, the screen went funny and the phone would not do anything at all,

the phone had not been dropped or bashed about.

I rang a few places about the problem and the average cost to replace a screen is approx £270,

unfortunately I do not have phone insurance.

One guy told me to ring Samsung as the phones have a 2 year warranty with them.

I rang Samsung and explained everything and they were very helpful and arranged for the phone to be picked up so that they could look at and if the problem was a manufacturing problem they would fix it and if not, they would give me a quote to fix it.

today they have returned the phone unfixed and in a worse state than what it was when I sent it.

They sent a letter with it saying it did not come under the manufacturing warranty and that they have tried to contact me with a quote to fix it but I have apparently said I did not want to pay for it fixing.

They have never contacted me with a quote.

The phone came back in a tightly packed box and when I got it out of the box, there was no back on the phone, it was loose.

I rang customer services who said that the back should not have been taken off and gave me another telephone number to ring.

I rang the number and they said that the fault was a cracked lcd screen to which I said the screen wasn't cracked and they said it could have easily been done by it being in my pocket but my phone has always been in a leather case.

They said that they did not take the back off the phone,

it must have been done in transit and to ring customer services for a in transit claims form.

I told them it was not done in transit as there are finger prints and glue marks on the back of the phone where someone has taken the back off.

The phone was tightly sealed in transit, there was no way the back could have come off.

Their answer was to take some photo's and send them to an email.

I know I am never going to win a company like Samsung,

but the phone is now in a worse state than it was before I gave it to them, and they have lied over contacting me and lied about taking the back off the phone.

I have taken photo's of the finger marks and glue on back of the phone and the box it came in, but I was just wondering what to say to them when I write to them.

Is there anything I need to put across to them.

I am absolutley livid that a company like Samsung can behave like this and also gutted about my phone as what they are saying is that the fault is down to me which is unbelievable as its always in a case and has never been dropped.

Thank you

Alamand

best to do it in email or writing

complain to the CEO.

your first route to getting it repaired

should have been to the retailer that you bought if from under cra/soga.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I would start against the retailer - although it hasn't helped that you went to Samsung directly.

I'm also going to say that I'm pretty amazed. You been a member here since 2007 and yet rather than come to us first, or even better – instead of appreciating that you were adequately covered by your statutory consumer rights in respect of an expensive item which you had had for barely 12 months, that you went looking around for a paid fix.

I'm also pretty amazed that you didn't take photographs of the phone before you sent it off in order to protect yourself in case there was a dispute as to the condition of the phone when they eventually looked at it.

Thanks for your reply

My partner sorted all this out, so its me who is trying to sort the mess out now.

The reason that he rang around was to see if they knew what the fault was and because someone said ring Samsung because it has a 2 year warranty, that is what he did thinking that would be the best thing to do.

Got the phone in March 2016 from carphone warehouse and paid on credit card.

Should have got insurance on the phone but never did as all the phones we have had have never developed a fault and always been looked after ( hindsight is a good thing )

My question is

would Carphone Warehouse entertain it now as the phone is worse than it origanally was and that it has already been sent to Samsung and they have taken the back off the phone.

I know company's will use any excuse to get out of paying for repairs and it looks like we have played straight into their hands.

Thank you

Alamand

Edited by dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So I take the phone to Carphone warehouse and see what they say ? ( Only problem I see with this, is that Samsung have already said it does not come under the manufacturing warranty)

Do I also put a claim against Samsung for them taking the back off the phone ?

If they do not do anything, is that when I make a claim under s75.

Alamand