Money Claim online - Irish company

kregrs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2622 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a quick question,

I need to make a claim against a Northern Irish company,

they're based in Belfast,

do I use the court in England or would I need to use the NI court?

It's for an unpaid invoice,

the company is registered in Belfast,

the directors registered address is in London,

the invoice is for £1700, and has been outstanding for 6 months.

The debtor refuses to acknowledge attempts to contact them via letter, email and phone calls.

Thanks,

The County Court has powers under the Civil Jurisdiction and Judgments Act 1982 to hear claims outside England and Wales if the defendant is domiciled in the United Kingdom.

You can claim against defendants resident in Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man as long as there are no other proceedings pending between the parties in the courts of any other part of the United Kingdom.

How do you file a claim that requires serving out of jurisdiction?

If you are serving a claim form on a defendant where the permission of the court is not required for service we can do so under Civil Procedure Rules 6.32 or 6.33.

file with the claim form a notice containing a statement of the grounds on which you are entitled to serve the claim form out of the jurisdiction; and

serve a copy of that notice with the claim form.

Where the claimant serves on a defendant in Scotland or Northern Ireland under rule 6.32, the period for filing an acknowledgment of service or admission is 21 days after service of the particulars of claim

The period for filing a defence is 21 days after service of the particulars of claim.

The period for filing both the acknowledgment of service and the defence is 35 days after service of the particulars of claim.

Particulars of claim that cannot be contained in or served with the claim form can be served separately on the defendant as long as they are served within 14 days after service of the claim form.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Correct Andy, provided the contract between the parties doesn't have a jurisdiction clause that precludes it ..... hence my earlier reply.

There wasn't a contract as such, I'm a freelance driver, rates and payment terms were agreed over the phone and confirmed via email, no formal contract in place. Stupid I know...

• 2 weeks later...

Thing is with money claim online, you have to use a postcode in England or Wales for the defendants service address (registered address). Theres no other way round this with mcol.

I've bypassed this for companies registered in Scotland by using one of its England offices for paper service and then emailing a draft copy of the N1 claim form downloaded from mcol (telling them you'll get this in the post soon).

I email serve at the weekend hoping to get an out of office acknowledgement or use a generic address that gives auto-receipts as proof of service (to be filed with the N215).

Thing is with money claim online, you have to use a postcode in England or Wales for the defendants service address (registered address). Theres no other way round this with mcol.

I've bypassed this for companies registered in Scotland by using one of its England offices for paper service and then emailing a draft copy of the N1 claim form downloaded from mcol (telling them you'll get this in the post soon).

I email serve at the weekend hoping to get an out of office acknowledgement or use a generic address that gives auto-receipts as proof of service (to be filed with the N215).

I have already explained in post#3 above how to serve a claim out of jurisdiction through MCOL ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread