Nissan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2669 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Leased a brand new Nissan Qashqai in Oct 2015.

Recently, after 14 months , it has developed a problem ( a draining battery) and was advised by the RAC to take it to a main dealer. The main dealer did not supply the car but as representative of the Nissan marque has an obligation to try to fix it. They have had the car since 23 Jan and are clueless, disinterested or both. A good auto electrician would fix it in a day. I have wheels thanks to Nissan Customer Service who have issued a case number but I don't expect a repair anytime soon so want to escalate up the Nissan Customer Service route, which apparently is the correct route in their parallel process. Trawling the net I cannot find the current CEO of Nissan UK except Carlos Ghosn who seems to be CEO of everything outside Japan,( including Renault) and cannot be contacted.

Anyone know of a good contact please?

Did you lease it direct?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Leased from ARVAL. Swindon, a subsidiary of BNP PARIBAS, a French Bank (I think).

However the originating source documentation is stamped Nissan Worcester

- which could be a large stockyard

- the plates are Bristol St Motors who would have given it a prelim check although there is nothing to verify this .

The minimum warranty is 3 years but every month I get the usual love emails from Nissan saying that they will care for me whilst ever I am a customer.

The lease is for 2 years so finishes in Oct 2017.

Just been reading CAGs kindle Consumer Survival Guide written by Marc Gander and comforted that under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 essentially 3rd party consumers, which I could be, are no different to a straightforward supplier(dealer)-customer relationship.

There is a big trust problem between Nissan and its dealerships.

Anecdotally Nissan disallow a large amount of warranty claims believing the dealers are claiming for new parts instead of repairing existing ones.

Dealers want to replace(quicker and cheaper if reimbursed) but will repair if they supplied the car- the goodwill factor.

Thanks for the response.

Yep cra against who you pay under the lease agreement

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There is a big trust problem between Nissan and its dealerships.

No there isn't!

Anecdotally Nissan disallow a large amount of warranty claims believing the dealers are claiming for new parts instead of repairing existing ones.

Do they? What information do you have to support this claim?

H

46 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

HMCTS Approved Technical Expert and Independent Motor Trade Consultant