Spouse Visa And In Receipt Of ESA/DLA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2655 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There is an exemption as you're on DLA; however, you'd still need to show adequate funds to maintain and accommodate the two of you.

In England advise is a verb (a doing word) advise/advising/advised, advice is a noun. I might ask for advice or give advice.

The same with license (verb) license/licensing/licensed, but one would have a driving licence (noun).

The Immigration Rules say:

3.6.1 Where the applicant’s partner is in receipt of any of the following benefits or allowances in the UK, the applicant will be able to meet the financial requirement at that application stage by providing evidence of “adequate maintenance” rather than meeting an income threshold: (DLA...)

3.6.4 The applicant will not need to meet the minimum income threshold. Instead, the applicant is required to demonstrate that they will be adequately maintained without recourse to public funds.

Although it is clear that there is an exemption to the income threshold, which I understand to be the original question, you will have to show that you will be adequately maintained without recourse to public funds.

• Haha 1

In England advise is a verb (a doing word) advise/advising/advised, advice is a noun. I might ask for advice or give advice.

The same with license (verb) license/licensing/licensed, but one would have a driving licence (noun).