Right to refund? Incorrect product information

heritage_lakes_90
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2711 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Any advice anyone could give on this matter,

I would be incredibly grateful.

I have wanted a signet ring for some time, and my girlfriend said she wanted to buy it for me for Christmas.

So that I got the exact ring that I wanted, I was tasked with purchasing it

. I got in contact with a jewellery company based in London (we'll call LJC), and asked for the dimensions of two of the rings displayed on their website, and also asked for photos of these rings being worn on the finger.

The two rings I enquired about varied in size (ring 1 was larger in face size), weight (ring 2 was a 'chunkier' ring), and price (ring 2 was around £80 more expensive).

The jewellers responded with the dimensions of each ring, and pictures of what they said was ring 2 being worn.

They said that ring 2 had a face size that was too large to be worn on the little finger, and was more suited to be worn on the middle finger.

As the ring in the pictures (what I was told was ring 2) was exactly what I wanted, I purchased it (5th December 2016).

It arrived four days later.

I opened the package and saw the ring briefly, before I put it back in the box and took it to a local jeweller to be engraved (the jewellers I bought it from did not offer engraving).

The ring came back from the jewellers a week later (just before Christmas), and it was wrapped and put away until Christmas day.

After opening the ring on Christmas day and I started to wear it,

it soon became obvious that the ring that I had been sent was not the same as the ring in the picture that I had been emailed, despite them supposedly being the same ring.

The ring that I have been sent has a larger face size (it looks a bit too large to be worn on the little finger) and (more importantly) the depth of the face/table of the ring, is significantly thinner (the rink is not as chunky, and looks a little 'flat').

I now have a problem.

I have spent over £400 on this ring, and it is not what I wanted.

The ring is too large (in face size) to be worn on the little finger and is not as chunky as I had wanted.

I am not happy with the ring and do not wear it.

If I had noticed that the ring was different, I would have immediately sent it back for a refund.

However, the differences were not immediately noticeable upon first inspection; it took some wearing and looking at it for me to realise the differences.

It has now been engraved, and since the time since purchase is over 28 days, I cannot return it for a refund.

Do I have any rights to a refund on this product?

The retailer has provided me with clearly incorrect product information (in the form of the ring dimensions and the pictures), and I believe that they have therefore breached the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

However, as stated above, it has been over a month since purchase and the ring has been customised.

Any advice anyone could offer on this, I would be incredibly grateful.

Many thanks.

As you had opened the ring prior to sending it to be engraved i dont think that can be seen as anything other than accepting the ring "as is" and since its niw been engraved for yourself, you would be unable to return the ring in its original condition.

Im afraid i dont think you will get anywhere with this now.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

to quote yourself "as the ring in the pictures (what I was told was ring2) was exactly wat I wanted".....

you had been advisd that it wasnt suitable for pinky finger and you had it engraved after inspecting the goods whne they arrived. Nothing the seller is obliged to do about this BUT it is not that difficult to polish out most shallow engraving so if you ask them nicely to whether they would consider an exchange for the other ring with a suitable allowange for the extra work you will put them to having the thing filed down and repolished they may well give you close to the new (lower price) ring price back and this will be better than just the secondhand value, which will be scrap value for an engraved signet ring. Worth asking as you now have nothing to lose.