PCN for parking in Lay by

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2757 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Parked in a lay by in Rugby with double yellow lines on the road not in the lay by and have been issued with a £35 PCN from Warwickshire CC.

If you are not allowed to park in a lay by, why are there no signs to say so e g Buses, police, service vehicles only.

I have seen many people parked there over the years, so is this entrapment to provide easy pickings for the parking attendants, or is a lay by part of the carriageway or verge that is covered by the yellow lines.

I have read a story from where a person in Southend was fined fo rthe same reason then a week later the lines where removed from the road and painted around the lay by will this happen in Rugby.

A similar lay by exists less than 200m away with the double yellow lines runing around the lay by.

Should I pay Or appeal the PCN?

Hi and welcome to CAG.

I profess I know very little about Penalty Charge Notices but my initial thoughts would be to go back and take photographs of the layby and any (if at all) signs nearby. There may be something you have missed. (Urban Clearway?)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Yellow lines prohibit parking, whether they run around the inside of the layby, or run stright though on the edge of the road. The error here is the assumption that a layby is there for parking in. Laybys serve other purproses - eg a place to stop and let passengers off, or somewhere to load shopping. You can use the layby for those things, just not as a parking space (as indicated by the lines).

A similar lay by exists less than 200m away with the double yellow lines runing around the lay by.
Always worth an imformal challenge (the discount will be re-offered, if refused) on the basis that the council has a duty to be consistent in it's road markings and two seemingly similar, but differently marked bays within close proximity to each other create a confusion. You realised the bay with the DYL's in the bay prohibited parking and thererfore assumed parking was allowed in the bay with DYL's across it especially as there no signage prohibiting it. Enclose photos of both bays.

Worth a punt .