Tax Refund Error

zebra1950
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2755 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I applied by phone

Right, this new allowance can only be applied for by phone but the person who applies doesn't get the refund. Only the non tax payer can apply and the refund is given to the partner who does pay tax. What should then happen is that the tax paying partner gets notification of a change in tax code. Are you absolutely sure you are not due a repayment of tax for any other reason?

Hi Hightail

Yes I get what your saying, re-: the marriage allowance and I have sent all my papers off to Age UK who are going to go over all the calculations and let me know where, and if the errors show up, I can't honestly answer the question about whether or not I am owed a repayment from another source.

Zebra

Hi All

Just had a phone call this morning from Age UK who have been acting on my behalf to sort out the tax refund error and they have given me the very excellent news that the HMRC have written the overpayment off, and I will get confirmation in due course, this is the best Xmas present one could wish for, I can't thank or praise Age UK enough in the speed in which way they acted, I don't yet know what reasons the HMRC gave to them but it doesn't matter as its a weight lifted off my shoulders, also I would like to thank everyone on these forums for their support and advice.

Have A Wonderful Christmas Folks

Regards Zebra1950