Can Social Services get access to someones medical information.

Madamfluff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2740 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Up at 4am talking to a friend on facebook, her situation is that she is the sole carer for her 61 year old Husband who has early onset dementia, she has had problems with the 'authorities' when her husband was in hospital, first of all there was a deprivation of liberty order put on him and then a DNR so she has total mistrust of medical professionals.

Now he is out of hospital she has district nurses in once a week, only one of them decided to report her to social services because her house was 'dirty' even though the nurse KNEW that two days before she had broken 2 ribs and could hardly move let alone sweep the @@@@@@ floor buts that's another story.

Now she has had visits from SS and has been worried they are looking for an excuse to put him into a home and again they seem to be more interested in the state of her house then her well being and her husbands condition.

Talking to her today its clear that she is suffering from depression ( I don't blame her) the catalyst is Christmas as her family don't support her and she is dreading spending the day looking at 4 walls with no celebration I, alas am too far away to get to her on Christmas day and strangers actually cause her Husband extreme distress so my being there will only make things worse.

I have suggested she sees her GP, but she wont as she believes that if she does so and is put on medication her GP will inform SS and that she will not be deemed fit to look after her Husband

So I need to know the process, would her GP actually give medical information to SS as a matter of course or would her GP have to ask her permission or ask her to sign a confidentiality waiver before they did so.

I have suggested respite care, but again she is scared that once he goes into a home he will be kept there.

Hi

I can't answer your question but I did find this:

https://www.medicalprotection.org/uk/resources/factsheets/england/england-factsheets/uk-eng-access-to-health-records

From what I can gather, they could ask for medical records if there are signs of neglect and (I assume) the cleanliness of the house could be included.

Has nobody offered a carer for him so that she can look after the home?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi

I can't answer your question but I did find this:

https://www.medicalprotection.org/uk/resources/factsheets/england/england-factsheets/uk-eng-access-to-health-records

From what I can gather, they could ask for medical records if there are signs of neglect and (I assume) the cleanliness of the house could be included.

Has nobody offered a carer for him so that she can look after the home?

She hasn't been offered anything she is all alone caring for him thanks for the link