Lowell claimform - old Very Shop Direct CAT 'debt'

JackF
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2740 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is there a number in the POC box

Right I was able to allocate the reference number which is actually stated on the back of the paperwork. Thanks for that, Now I'm stuck with another letter which is the letter that's going to the solicitors. There's a section on there that says. The following:

["Although your claim is for a sum which is not more than £10,000.00 and will in all likelihood be allocated to the small claimsicon track for determination upon my delivering a defence, at this moment in time I have not delivered my defence and the case has not been allocated to a track. In consequence the provisions of CPR 27(2) are of no effect and you should not seek to avoid compliance with your CPR 31 duties by claiming otherwise]#"

I'm sure if I need to include that or is that a information for myself. I'm almost certain that it includes with the letter, but it's better to be safe then sorry. Don't really want to do this over again, as I've actually time from work to complete this, as I'm actually very nervous in regards to this still. And for those helping I know I'm a radio, but I really do appreciate your help. Thanks once again.

Quick side note, £1 do I need to put that coin in there, or do I need to put a check? with a £1 on.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Must I also keep the # delete if claim for a sum exceeding £10,000.00.

As it's not exceeding over.

If you had completed the following link as asked on the 11th Nov...we would know all the details to your debt and claim.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-2016**(2-Viewing)-nbsp

As we dont even know the particulars or the value its difficult to advice...below 10 K is small claims track above 10K is Fast Track so you will have to decide whether the paragraph stays or goes.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

If you had completed the following link as asked on the 11th Nov...we would know all the details to your debt and claim.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-2016**(2-Viewing)-nbsp

As we dont even know the particulars or the value its difficult to advice...below 10 K is small claims track above 10K is Fast Track so you will have to decide whether the paragraph stays or goes.

Regards

Andy

It's under 10k? I am sorry that I didn't get to complete the form, but I was told to leave that for the time being and get the CCA and other letter running to the solicitors first. Hence this.

Then leave it in.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Then leave it in.

Just to clarify I should leave this?

"["Although your claim is for a sum which is not more than £10,000.00 and will in all likelihood be allocated to the small claimsicon track for determination upon my delivering a defence, at this moment in time I have not delivered my defence and the case has not been allocated to a track. In consequence the provisions of CPR 27(2) are of no effect and you should not seek to avoid compliance with your CPR 31 duties by claiming otherwise]#""

I'll be printing these letters today, and hopefully have them sent by tomorrow.

Yes you can buy one at a post office counter, write on the back if it " for statutory purposes only"

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

if you've not sent the CCA yet

go up on your credit file using noddle or clearscore

both are free

see if the account number is listed there.

if not give shop direct a ring and ask the account number.

failing all that

scan and attach a copy of the claimform front page to the CCA request you send

we stil need this link doing

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

don't forget the CPR 31:14 too

no harm if its Lowell solicitors to put it in the same envelope.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Okay, posted both letters today, along with postal order. I got told that they should get there by tomorrow, so they should see it by Monday, Tuesday at the very latest, and hopefully will get a reply soon.

Well actually you don't want them to rely if you think about!!:madgrin:

and they

Well actually you don't want them to rely if you think about!!:madgrin:

Oh I see. You know with the postage, she sent as 1st class, but when I look on the receipt it only says like stamp, so did she only charge me for the stamps?

1st class is just a stamp

and they

1st class is quite ok.

and they

1st class is quite ok.

I mean I have the receipt for both of the stamps that I paid for. That's about it, but when I look at the receipt there is no tracking. Is this fine, or do I need to resend, just to be on the safe side to prove that I did in-fact send. I hope I haven't f'd it up.

1st class is ok

cant see what else needs to be said

all you have to do is be able to prove they were sent...end of.

now you've got that out the way and as such you are 'upto date'

with nothing further to do till you need to file your defence on / by 4pm 9th dec

you now need to go read like threads and get upto speed on what next

so we don't have pages of, and I must put this politely questions that would have been answered had you

1. done that link we wanted

2. read other like threads.

and they

• 3 weeks later...

well yes ..you needed to of filed a defence by 4pm last Friday as post 68 states....

no-one said you wait for documents back

and as you didn't read and fill out that link we asked you too repeatedly

you probably didn't ever realise you had too.

we cant nurse maid those that cant help themselves...

Edited by Andyorch
edited

and they

well yea I know that

but the op took 70 posts to simply ack a claim and post 2 simple letters...

and they

and ofcourse bear in mind they coldnt manage to get mcol working last time and probably hasn't tried since?

and we don't even know the particulars of the claim..

but never mind its only a CCJ ....

here are several cat debt defences.

Here is a recent Cat defence that Andyorch drafted for another poster

which was successful in the claim remaining stayed.

You will have to edit slightly to suit and add your requests for CCA /CPR ect.....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Defence

The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

1 .Paragraph 1 is noted. I have had an agreement in the past with [enter original creditor] but do not recognise the account number referred to by the claimant.

Paragraph 2 is noted but not admitted. The claimant would not be aware of any alleged breach or in a position to plead such fact as an assignee as the defendant did not enter into any agreement with the claimant and is therefore put to strict proof to verify the alleged statement of its particulars.

3 .Paragraph 3 is denied I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served over X years ago.

On the DD/MM/YYYY ( sent by recorded delivery) I requested information pertaining to this claim by way of a CPR 31.14 request and a Section 78 request. The claimant has failed to date to respond to the CPR and remains in default of the section 78 request.

3.It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant, the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of assignment/balance/breach requested by CPR 31. 14, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement with the Claimant; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

4.As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

5.On the alternative, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer crediticon Act 1974.

6.By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Regards

Andy

or

1.The claim is for the sum of £398.82 due by the defendant under a non-regulated Shop Direct account with an account ref of ******

2.The defendant failed to maintain contractual payments required under the terms of the account agreement.

3.The debt was legally assigned to the claimant on 28/Aug/2015, notice of which has been given to the defendant.

The claim includes statutory interest under S.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue of proceedings in the sum of £31.91

The claimant claims the sum of £450.73

Defence

The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

1. Paragraph 1 is noted. I have had in the past an agreement with Shop Direct but do not recognise the account number referred to by the claimant.It is my understanding that all credit facilities provided by Shop Direct would be regulated and legislated under Credit Consumer Act 1974.

2. Paragraph 2 is denied. I have not received a Default Notice from the original creditor.

3. Paragraph 3 is denied. I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served.

Therefore Paragraph 1 is denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and

(b) show and evidence the nature of any breach by way of a Default Notice

© show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

(d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

4. As per Civil Procedureicon Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

5. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of consumer crediticon Act 1974.

6. On the 8th November 2016 I made a legal request by way of a CPR 31.14 request and a Section 78 request to the Claimant. The Claimant has failed to comply and therefore is in default of this request and as such is forbidden to request any relief until such compliance.

7. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

or

1.The claimants claim is for the sum of £460 being monies due from the defendant to the claimant under a home shopping agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 between the defendant and shop direct finance company limited under account reference xxxxx and assigned to the claimant on xx/xx/xxxx notice of which has been given to the defendant.

2.The defendant failed to maintain the contractual payment under the terms of the agreement and a default notice has been served and not complied with.

3.The claim also includes statutory interest pursuant to sectiom 69 of the county courts act 1984 at a rate of 8.00% per annum (a daily rate of £0.10 from the date of assignment of the agreement to xx/xx/xxxx being an amount of £36.60.

IN THE county courticon

*BUSINESS CENTRE

Case No

(NAME) - Claimant

VSicon

(NAME) – Defendant

Defence

1 Paragraph 1 is noted. I have had an agreement in the past with Shop Direct Finance Company but do not recognise the account number referred to by the claimant.

Furthermore which is denied,I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served over X years ago.

2 Paragraph 2 is noted but not admitted. The claimant would not be aware of any alleged breach or in a position to plead such fact as an assignee as the defendant did not enter into any agreement with the claimant and is therefore put to strict proof to verify the alleged statement of its particulars.

3 On the 07/11/2016 (sent by recorded delivery) I requested information pertaining to this claim by way of a CPR 31.14 request and a Section 78 request. The claimant has failed to date to respond to the CPR and remains in default of the section 78 request.

4 It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant, the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of assignment/balance/breach requested by CPR 31. 14, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© Show and evidence any breach and service of a default Notice which it refers to in their particulars;

(d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

5 As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

6 On the alternative, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer credit Act 1974.

7 By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

if mcol doesn't work still

you can email it>>

MCOL is only one way of responding to a claim.

If you are having problems logging in, or would prefer not to use MCOL,

you can fax, email or post your response to the Court instead.

If you send your response by e mail

please send it to MCOL@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk and ensure you quote “Claim response” and quote the claim number in the subject field.

and they

Blimey I concur, maybe now they will concentrate and stop wasting other helpers time by having to repeat themselves, other peeps need urgent help at times and could be helped quicker,

so Jackf get it off and keep an eye on proceedings from now on

any trouble with MCOL then send via E-Mail:-

Email:-

Claim responses & directions: ccbcaq@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk

County Court Business Centre (CCBC): ccbc@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad: