Government to overhaul 'cruel' disability benefits system

aw248
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2770 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Looks like they want to be the nasty party yet again, all the talk about their failed UC system and re jigging of notices that they send to GP's after they have found their patient ffw using the unfit for purpose WCA

no doubt to discourage GP's in support their patients further , i hope that gp's have the sense to ignore the DWP or write letters of complaint

It seems a lot of organisations seem to think this is a good idea looking at it from the angle of discrimination in respect of those who have a long standing illness - so support may be a little thin on the ground on this one.

"Improving Lives" - The paper should be called "Destroying Lives". What it needs is someone who is forced back into work and suffers worsening health or an accident at the workplace to sue the government. Unfortunately that will never happen because no lawyer would take it on, although I am sure that employers would be very wary about taking on someone who has the potential for their health to deteriorate or to have an accident. I am sure someone would have looked into this but has anyone ever looked into whether the European Court of Human Rights could be brought into this?

It seems a lot of organisations seem to think this is a good idea looking at it from the angle of discrimination in respect of those who have a long standing illness - so support may be a little thin on the ground on this one.
support from whom? Support from 3rd parties or not it does not alter the facts that if someone is unfit to work they should not be pressured into working , not that there are any actual jobs available for people who are too ill to work, come to think of it there aren't enough real (Full time, paying a good rate of pay significantly over the so-called living wage)jobs for those who are fit to work , thanks to the government's quest for cheap labour from other EU countries ,employers know that government will subsidise their wage bills ie WTC

Which if you happen to be single with no kids you get nothing they fail to see that living costs can be more expensive for those who are single without kids, they obviously don't count

If government seriously wanted to help people back to work they should reward them , encourage them with incentives not crack their evil whip

support from whom? Support from 3rd parties or not it does not alter the facts that if someone is unfit to work they should not be pressured into working , not that there are any actual jobs available for people who are too ill to work, come to think of it there aren't enough real (Full time, paying a good rate of pay significantly over the so-called living wage)jobs for those who are fit to work , thanks to the government's quest for cheap labour from other EU countries ,employers know that government will subsidise their wage bills ie WTC

Which if you happen to be single with no kids you get nothing they fail to see that living costs can be more expensive for those who are single without kids, they obviously don't count

If government seriously wanted to help people back to work they should reward them , encourage them with incentives not crack their evil whip

Think you missed my point of concern.

Some of the disabled organisations seem to see this as the Government championing the disabled (not as the Government picking on the disabled) which makes the paper all the more scary.

ESA is supposed to be a sickness benefit

And he is correct unlike the MSM who incorrectly keep referring to it as a disability benefit

http://blog.spicker.uk/esa-is-supposed-to-be-a-sickness-benefit/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss

This is the perfect statement from that article Tommy :

Offering benefit without the pressure to work is not writing people off – it is leaving them with some choice, some support, and some dignity. Pushing them out to work while they are ill undermines all of that.

This is the thing that I have noticed being a newcomer to benefits. I and 1000's of others have been under incredible pressure and stress whilst on ESA and now JSA but that's another story. As well as suffering from illness that is debilitating you have this constant stress and pressure of battling the DWP who are trying to take away your benefit with constant form filling, work capability assessments not fit for purpose, mandatory reconsiderations and tribunals. It's not really surprising that you end up with little time battling your illness because you are always fighting the DWP. No choice, no support and no dignity.

I am in the very fortunate position of having a husband with a good salary so if I lost my benefits (support group ESA and enhanced PIP for both components) I certainly wouldn't starve, however just seeing the words 'consultation' and 'overhaul' literally made me feel sick so I can only guess what it's done to people who have no choice but to rely on their benefits.

I've been through the transfer from IB to ESA, which was a total nightmare entirely of ATOS' doing and also from DLA to PIP, which again ATOS made a complete nightmare. It's not just that I'm scared of having my benefits taken away, I'm absolutely terrified of having to go through all this over and over again until the stress putting me in hospital again is the least of my worries.

My ESA reassessment is more than 12 months overdue and the idiot nurse that did my PIP assessment thinks, among other things, that an incurable condition I've had for more than 30 years will have miraculously disappeared in 3 years so I have that reassessment looming on the horizon too. Maybe DWP and their pet assessors can do a proper job next time and co-ordinate their efforts so that they don't just make me seriously ill, but actually kill me and save themselves some money.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Has anyone read this load of tosh before ? https://ueaeprints.uea.ac.uk/58235/1/1351_Shakespeare.pdf

I gave up reading when the usual rubbish about illness or disability all being in the head was suggested. Yep all we need to do is a bit of positive thinking and we will all be right as rain tomorrow, why on earth didn't we all think of that before! If the government wants to save money I don't know why they don't just stop spending millions on paying idiots to write ridiculous reports that are full of as you say tosh!

Do you know in all the reports I have read from the Government and their cronies about work being good for wellbeing, happiness and a cure for all ills I haven't seen one report mention all these employers just standing by to offer acceptable jobs to the ill and disabled along with all the support and assistance required for those ill and disabled people to actually be able to perform that job!

The link posted actually rubbishes the government's key report for making things more difficult. Clearly some people do not know how to read objectively.

The report states that the original report picked up by the government had no evidence to back up its claims and therefore isn't really a proper clinically proven evidence based solution, rather that it has defined a solution and found the 'evidence' to support its claims.

The link posted actually rubbishes the government's key report for making things more difficult. Clearly some people do not know how to read objectively.

The report states that the original report picked up by the government had no evidence to back up its claims and therefore isn't really a proper clinically proven evidence based solution, rather that it has defined a solution and found the 'evidence' to support its claims.

My error I didn't read it all, I gave up after reading about Messrs Waddell and Aylward.

Whilst it may point out some of the DWP's failings regarding ESA and WCA's it was in part what the government based some of the thinking behind the so-called overhaul of ESA , They go one about doctors being soft on patients as an excuse to use their own clinical staff (where did they pluck that from?) more like we will use our own staff so they can lie about someone's condition or how it affects them,. then there's the other fact ESA is not a disability Benefit it's a SICKNESS benefit for crying out loud the moronic MSM should take note

But on the whole there was nothing that much wrong with the PCA and IB ESA and all it's nonsense are a complete load of something smelly sweaty and not very pleasant even some of those on the rights net forum criticised it

given the paper’s heavy reliance on the Waddell paper about working setting you free, this is an interesting paper by Tom Shakespeare and others called Blaming the victim, all over again: Waddell and Aylward’s biopsychosocial (BPS) model of disability