Dentist terminated all treatment for missed appointment.

momon121
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2776 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My name is Khadija I have been recently been informed by my dentist due to two missed appointments they have now terminated my dental care.

The latest appointment I take full blame as I got the dates mixed up, however my first missed appointment this year was due to an accident I had that made it unable for me to attend. I called to explain why I could not attend and they understood and informed that my first missed appointment will not go against me.

I have spoken to the Dental manager who has been looking into the matter and today I recieved an email without a detailed explanation that I now have to look for an alternative dental care. They also sent me a letter stating that within accordance to NHS regulations the surgury can now stop my treatment. I have checked the NHS website and the decision to stop any treatment is the sole decision of the surgry andnot the NHS.

Being a patient at my surgury I do not recall ever being informed or having a copy of the surgury's policies. It seems so unfair to me that being with them for 5 years and having all my children at the same surgury the decision to stop my care is very irrational and hasty.

Is there anyway I could pursue this further please because it I feel the dentist is more concerned about their numbers as opposed to my health. Please advice and thank you so much

You have failed to attend two appointments in a row, one would and was excusable but two is creating a burden on the practice and the NHS at large, you actions (or lack of them) has prevented other people getting treatment at that time and has wasted tax payers money (the average dental practice has over 1000 missed appointments each year) . You mention it being unfair on you, I personally see your actions as unfair on the other patience and tax payers.

It is easier to enter a rich man than for a camel to pass a needle