NHS England GP register and Travel Insurance

unclebulgaria67
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2749 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Are people aware that NHS England is now allowing GP practices to de-register patients they have not seen for 5 years ?

This might mean that those who have not been to their Doctor for years are delayed in getting an appointment, because they have to register first. And those that fall ill on holiday, might have problems with Travel Insurance. If you have not seen a Doctor for years or are not registered with a Doctor, i would suggest that you arrange Insurance by phone, so you can make Insurers aware that you are not registered with Doctors, so they have no records to check in the event of a claim.

See this article. Grandmother faces a £5,000 medical bill despite taking out insurance

http://dailym.ai/2exhnGs

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I think they have to send you two warning letters beforehand. That said, they could just say they have and there's little you could do to disprove it. Not sure where you'd stand if you insisted on being re-registered (I know my own practice is heaving at the seams) and trying to get the Ombudsman (or anyone else) to listen would be time-consuming at the very least, useless at the very worst.

Yep, the removal process which is known as an FP69 involves your local health authority writing to you twice and if they get no response whatsoever then the patient is flagged to the practice when we'll write again and try several times to contact you in writing and on your registered telephone numbers. If all of that fails then we have to assume that the patient is no longer at that address. The process is months end to end so unless you're on a round-the-world cruise for six months it's not going to happen whilst you're on holiday. The process also involves checking inpatient lists and taking account of someone's capacity to respond.

If you get the letter asking you to confirm you're still resident at your address and at the same practice don't ignore it and have the courtesy to ensure that your GP practice is on the list of people to tell if you change contact details.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

Good to know there is a full process involved and if people keep their GP practice/NHS records up to date by providing new address details, then there should not be a problem.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Yep, the removal process which is known as an FP69 involves your local health authority writing to you twice and if they get no response whatsoever then the patient is flagged to the practice when we'll write again and try several times to contact you in writing and on your registered telephone numbers. If all of that fails then we have to assume that the patient is no longer at that address. The process is months end to end so unless you're on a round-the-world cruise for six months it's not going to happen whilst you're on holiday. The process also involves checking inpatient lists and taking account of someone's capacity to respond.

If you get the letter asking you to confirm you're still resident at your address and at the same practice don't ignore it and have the courtesy to ensure that your GP practice is on the list of people to tell if you change contact details.

Sounds reasonable to me. People fail to inform about change of their address. I have been receiving letters from the NHS with names that lived in the place before.