style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2774 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I agree with you CD that it does not matter whether they are confirmed as being under 18 years of age. The UK has a great humanitarian reputation and allowing refugees to join their family already in the UK, is something that was right for government to organise.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

My point is being able to know who these people are and that proper checks are made, I would be taking, photographs, dental records, fingerprints and rigid confirmation of age. I am not against assisting those in genuine need but the system is being abused and ordinary people are sick and downright tired of it..

Not possible. No dental checks or other tests would reveal age. They are relying on what they have been told by the children and their families already in the UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Dental checks and the like could help to assist identity. The age thing is a separate issue..

No they could not. They don't come from countries where there will be records easily obtainable. Many probably have never seen a dentist.

As for identifying them later on, only if they are found dead or they bite someone leaving a perfect imprint.

I doubt that DNA samples are being taken, as part of a refugee process.

Yes they could, if no dental records are available then records could at least be started as part of any application to come into the UK. The other thing is I find it hard to believe that minors are travelling all the way to Calais on there own without adult assistance..

Bone scans of the growth plates would give some idea of the child's age, the pictures I have seen so far of these 'children' makes me think some are not being honest with their ages!

Also why no female children being put forward to come to the UK?

You can tell the age of an individual by their teeth as they are still develping in juveniles. Determining age is fairly standard practice with maturity of wisdom teeth as an example

But some like myself never developed wisdom teeth!

They are not criminals and should not be regarded as such

Since we are unable to prove who they really are or even how old they are, I am not sure how you can be confident that they are not criminals.

It is easier to enter a rich man than for a camel to pass a needle

Bone density gives a good idea of individual's age and it's not invasive.

Would you be happy if your children in secondary school were in the same class as a 20 something man???

Once again, human rights of potential victims don't exist, only those of potential criminals.

I don't see what problem checking their age would create.

If they are genuine children they should be up for it, I would.

"A refugee child? Are you sure? Check their teeth". What on earth have we become?

Under the Children Act 1989 the UK regards a person a child until they reach their 18th birthday, and not the rhetoric of the Sun, Mail or Express

I can't see anything in the act which says that someone who looks 30 and claims of being 15 cannot be tested for safety and security reasons.

The point is that maybe, and only maybe, some of these children are not children but adults claiming to be , exploiting the UK fear of being politically incorrect.

After further investigation the older "children" or young men were actually interpretors. The hate tirade of the Sun, Express and Mail were never strong on facts, just stirring up hate!

People need to be ashamed of themselves spreading this garbage

Edited by obiter dictum

After further investigation the older "children" or young men were actually interpretors. The hate tirade of the Sun, Express and Mail were never strong on facts, just stirring up hate!

People need to be ashamed of themselves spreading this garbage

And the innocence of some is shocking.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/18/two-thirds-of-child-refugees-entering-uk-found-to-be-adults-figu/?WT.mc_id=e_DM172981&WT.tsrc=email&etype=Edi_FAM_New_AEM_Recipient&utm_source=email&utm_medium=Edi_FAM_New_AEM_Recipient_2016_10_19&utm_campaign=DM172981

It is easier to enter a rich man than for a camel to pass a needle

“Currently Government advice is that they need to give these people the benefit of the doubt and that needs to change.

“When I went to Calais there were caravans with notices on how to get coaching on what to say if you need to get into Britain. So I am very concerned about this.

“I’m all for helping innocent children but it is completely ridiculous if we are just going to allow people in based on what they tell us.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/18/two-thirds-of-child-refugees-entering-uk-found-to-be-adults-figu/?WT.mc_id=e_DM172981&WT.tsrc=email&etype=Edi_FAM_New_AEM_Recipient&utm_source=email&utm_medium=Edi_FAM_New_AEM_Recipient_2016_10_19&utm_campaign=DM172981

I would imagine that some of the migrants have genuinely lost their papers, however , as I understand it - many of them are deliberately destroying any ID in order to prevent deportation.

It is quite wrong to allow those lying about their age, to come into the UK as a minor when they are not.

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I would imagine that some of the migrants have genuinely lost their papers, however , as I understand it - many of them are deliberately destroying any ID in order to prevent deportation.

It is quite wrong to allow those lying about their age, to come into the UK as a minor when they are not.

CitizenB, how dare you alleging that that there are people lying about their age just to enter and remain in UK.

Surely this has never happened and never will.

Just hope the two prolific brexit posters don't see your post or you'll be sent to work in a mine for the rest of your days 😂

No, the default position is that because we do not know for certain then checks to confirm the facts are needed..

So the default position is that we treat them with dignity and let them stay.

I find your comments on this and other threads increasingly disturbing, surely the whole purpose of this forum is to offer free friendly advice to those in need and to those who cannot afford such advice, I am worried that some here appear to operate against that ethos.